Windows 10: Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade

Discus and support Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Computer was working fine, but wanted to perform this upgrade to win 10 from 7 before 2020. Everything worked great on 7, upgrade, now can't get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kman1616, Sep 17, 2019.

1. kman1616 Win User

Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade

Computer was working fine, but wanted to perform this upgrade to win 10 from 7 before 2020. Everything worked great on 7, upgrade, now can't get it to come awake after sleeping. Tried many different things, none worked.

Tried:

1) Troubleshoot power

2) Uninstall display adapter

3) checked to make sure all drives are the most up to date

4) Checked Keyboard can wake up

5) checked mouse can wake it up

6) tried advanced power setting

7) turn off fast set up

8) a bunch of different command prompt scripts

Here is what does work, uninstall windows 10 and go back to 7.

:)

kman1616, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded to windows 10 from windows, computer will not wake up from sleeping after upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgraded computer wake

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  3. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  4. Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10: On my Lenovo B570 laptop, if the laptop goes into sleep mode (usually happens overnight), it is not possible to wake it. Pressing any key on the keyboard does not wake it,using the touchpad also does not wake it, nor does clicking on the clickers. The only thing that I can...
  5. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  6. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  7. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  8. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  9. Upgraded OS to Windows 10 Unable to wake Up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgraded OS to Windows 10 Unable to wake Up from sleep mode.: I have a Laptop (Lenovo G40-70), OS was Windows 8.1 and then I upgrade it on Windows 10 and now I cannot wake up my computer from sleep mode. I read on internet I just need to update my Intel graphic card adapter, then it fixed the problem it able to wake up after setting...
  10. Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade: Hi there folks, Just upgraded my XPS 15 9530 with a new 850 EVO 1TB mSATA, was previously using a PM830 64GB mSATA drive. The laptop now no longer wakes from hibernation or sleep mode, whether hybrid sleep is enabled or disabled. I do know that the new SSD uses DevSlp,...