Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After much trial and error, I finally managed to update my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch. It was running on Windows 8.1 for the longest time, and was refusing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Brando96, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Brando96 Win User

Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions

After much trial and error, I finally managed to update my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch. It was running on Windows 8.1 for the longest time, and was refusing to update the last several days. A wonderful tech agent said my laptop qualified for a free upgrade to W10 Home so after a few hours it's all up and running! Now all that's left is to figure out a few things for personalization and to get the hang of the new layout. I have several questions now in regards to a lot of personal settings/updates to figure out now.

Here's all the things I want to do I need help on:

First of all I want to change my main, administrator email (a Yahoo one) to my Gmail account. I figured out how to add my Gmail to Microsoft but also want to delete my Yahoo Microsoft as well the Skype tied to it. I have no use for the Yahoo Email (account it was made with) as my Gmail looks more professional. I just want to know what would happen once Yahoo is deleted and the risks for losing it. Also can I edit my name? I want to change my last name on the account.

I also want to remove Internet Explorer off the bottom tab since I main Firefox, and what is Microsoft Edge for? If it's useless to me how can I delete it?

Microsoft tracking and all other programs that do that creepy stuff I want turned off.

Originally I used Web Root for virus protection, and that has long been expired (Haven't updated/used the laptop in almost two years until now) but I hear Windows has its own free anti-virus scanner/protection application, how do I uninstall Web Root and install Windows Defender I believe its called.

Then finally, despite cancelling Adobe and Photoshop almost three years ago it seems they are still under my files. How do I remove them for good, and clean up other potential programs that are wasteful?

I know it's a lot but any and all help is appreciated!

:)

Brando96, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 Home, Several Questions - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Several

2. Windows 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade questions: Hi, I want to upgrade windows 8 to 10 but having some important questions.My C drive has around 25gb in space. How much disk space do I need to upgrade? I read that it is 16gb but some said it is more than 20gbAnd after the upgrading, will my disk space revert back to...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 upgrade questions: Hi, I want to upgrade windows 8 to 10 but having some important questions.My C drive has around 25gb in space. How much disk space do I need to upgrade? I read that it is 16gb but some said it is more than 20gbAnd after the upgrading, will my disk space revert back to...
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question: I6/25 I brought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The laptop went through several hours of installing and my machine still shows Windows 10 Home as the version. I called a Microsoft Store and the guy gave me a phone number after I explained to him my problem. The...
  5. Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question on Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: We are a licensed reseller in Vietnam and want to find out more about this product DF77X4D43RKT Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business Is there any requirement to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro with this license? Can it upgrade both OLP and OEI...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Question: Hi recently i wanted to upgrade my old windows 8.1 computer to windows 10, ive already tried windows 10 2004 but it seemed to be slow and buggy and some of my drivers had gone missing until i rolled back to windows 8.1, is there a way i could still get windows 10 1909 still...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.: I just bought a new laptop that came with win 1 0home, which I immediately bought the upgrade to Win10 Pro. but less than a week into owning the new laptop, it developed a hardware issue that required me to return the unit. will the upgrade I bought work on the replacement...
  8. Question about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hey everyone. Its been a while since I've been on the forum. My question is I bought a pro CD key off Ebay but when I try to change my product key so it will upgrade to pro it says it can't use the CD key because I'm running a digital downloaded copy of windows. What can I do...
  9. Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD - Windows 10 Home x64: I installed Windows 10 Home x64 during Christmas festivities. It is a clean install. Although I'm using the OS without licence (I'm planning to buy the license when price drops on amazon), it works well, except for several BSOD occurred during these weeks. Some days ago...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade Question: Does anyone know yet if there will be a way to request a physical copy of Windows 10 if you are using the free upgrade? I would love to have a physical copy as a backup and would prefer an official copy of such to just putting it on a USB drive or using an ISO from somewhere...