Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7.

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 (pro) to Windows 10, but due to slowness and inconvenience etc., I now want to go back to Windows 7. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArtemisFowl2, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7.

Recently, I upgraded my PC from Windows 7 (pro) to Windows 10, but due to slowness and inconvenience etc., I now want to go back to Windows 7. I can't remember if it was more or less than a month ago, but I foolishly removed the system save to free up space anyway. I have tried entering my product key at the windows 7 media creation tool site, but it says:

Error

The product key you entered is invalid or not supported by this site. Please contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

The product key is from the sticker on my computer, and I have tried several times to make sure there is no typo. Please help me get back to Windows 7, 10 is really annoying me now. Thanks, Artemis.

:)

ArtemisFowl2, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7.

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7.

1. Upgraded to Windows 10, not accepting product key to go back to Windows 7. - Similar Threads - Upgraded accepting product

2. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  3. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key not accepted: We have a client using a Windows 10 Surface, purchased some years ago.The windows installation is asking for its activation key, which is not currently known, we have tried the following:CMD: wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey -> This gives a key...
  4. Windows 10 Product Key not accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key Not Accepted: I am hoping to transfer a Windows 10 Pro product key from an old laptop to a new Surface Go currently running in S mode.I have copied the key from the old laptop, removed the product key from it, cleared its registry, and have removed the old laptop from my Microsoft...
  6. windows 10 will not accept product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not accept product key: I purchased windows 10 for a computer that I had owned. I replaced the computer and reloaded windows 10 into the new computer. Windows 10 will not accept the product key that came with the software...
  7. Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key: Hi all, I am using a laptop with activated Windows 7, is it possible to upgrade my operating system to win 10 with the product key of windows 7? Can I do that for free? Thanks....
  8. Windows not accepting product key

Windows not accepting product key: Hello, I seem to be having a problem activating windows 10 on my HP laptop. I bought the laptop a few years ago with windows 8.1 and upgraded it to windows 10 as soon as I got it out of the box. Everything seemed to be ok but the last 12 months or so I keep getting a message...
  9. Windows 10 not accepting my product key from Windows 7 (0x004f050)

Windows 10 not accepting my product key from Windows 7 (0x004f050): I upgraded my Windows 7 by running the ISO setup from a USB stick. The upgrade was no problem, but after some days using Windows 10 and having some driver issues, I decided to do a clean install. I booted from the USB stick, and when I was asked for a Product code, I entered...
  10. Product Key (Win 7) not accepted when upgrading to 10

Product Key (Win 7) not accepted when upgrading to 10: I started the upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium to 10. I entered the product key, but get the message "Product Key didn't work". I have repeated this several times - I have the original disk & label, checked the key is correct via Belarc Advisor, have a message from Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to go back from windows 10 from windows 7 recently upgraded

2. The product key you entered is invalid or not supported by this site. Please contact Microsoft Support for assistance.

3. go back to windows 7 with oem product key