Windows 10: Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my...

Discus and support Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my ASUS laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulLucero1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my...

Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my ASUS laptop

:)

PaulLucero1, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Jan 16, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

• Set up an FTP server on your file server.
    • Map the FTP server as a network location on your laptop under "Computer".
    This will allow programs to open and save files directly to the FTP server just like it was a drive in your computer.

newtekie1, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my...

1. Upgraded to windows 10 on server and now can not access network, programs and files on my... - Similar Threads - Upgraded server access

2. Can not access my programs.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not access my programs.: I installed windows 10 last January and two weeks ago inhad to change my password. When I tried to log on yesterday it said i had an incorrect password. I tried both my old and new passwords and nothing works. I also tried to reset password but i got a message that said i...
  3. Could not access network location *:\Program Files\nodejs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could not access network location *:\Program Files\nodejs: After my windows 10 home upgrade on my computer, the following error will appear when install nodejs [ATTACH] OS version: windows 10 home 64bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-access-network-location-program/c28b068b-3e7c-443e-9e1c-244a26c8996d
  4. Windows 10 upgrade file, virus in the program?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade file, virus in the program?: I download the Windows 10 upgrade file. My software says it has a virus and deletes the file. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-file-virus-in-the-program/e52dab4d-fafe-4849-8c27-a7ee2749436c
  5. Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive: Hi All my company purchase new PC with Win10 but i cannot access our old Server Windows 2000, i tried enable SMBv1, NLM Security, Encryption 128Bit etc still work, keep prompt user name password incorrect, did not support anymore?...
  6. Accessing files on my network

Accessing files on my network: I am trying to share files between my laptop (connected via wifi) and my PC (connected via lan) using OneDrive. Each time I try to get to the other computer I get a message that says "Windows cannot access\\……….\OneDrive. You do not have permission to access\\……..\ Contact...
  7. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...
  8. Windows 10 :Can not access Files on My Computer - Access Denied

Windows 10 :Can not access Files on My Computer - Access Denied: Any programs cannot access my folders pictures, trying to scan documents. This problem seems to be constant on WIN10., and all threads are closed and no fixes are offered. One step closer to UBUNTU! I am the owner. I am the only user. I am the ADMIN....
  9. Upgraded and now have no network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded and now have no network: Upgrading an older computer from 1709 16229.19 to 1803 17134.191. All during the upgrade I was downloading from my Ethernet connection thru my network adapter. When it was finished, I noticed that it no longer has a network connection. (Red X on adapter) Troubleshooting said...
  10. Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !!

Citrix killed Network access to NAS / Linux servers - now fixed !!: Hi folks I tried all the standard stuff to get access to NAS / Linux machines from W10 including re-enabling SMB1 and killing the auto removal of SMB1 -- nothing worked. Then I had a brain storm -- get rid of CITRIX (I can run that as a VM for access to work remote...