Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 10 software question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all I hope someone can please explain for me please. There is probably a simple answer but I am confused. I recently upgraded one of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KCT TENERIFE, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

Hi all

I hope someone can please explain for me please. There is probably a simple answer but I am confused.

I recently upgraded one of my laptops to Windows 10. On this laptop is an accounting bit of software that should not be able to run on Windows 10. All the info I have found online it states, and on the official suppliers website, it is not compatible with Windows 10.

However the software works perfectly.

My question, is it working because I upgraded from Windows 7. If I had to install this software from start onto Windows 10 then I am guessing it would not. Is this right?

Many thanks
    Karl

:)

KCT TENERIFE, Nov 4, 2016

2. Error code while updating to windows 10.

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What's the make and model of the phone?
    • Which internet connection type are you using, WiFi or mobile data?
    • Does your phone have enough storage for upgrading the software to Windows 10?
    • Are you using the Upgrade Advisor app to upgrade the software to Windows 10?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Nov 4, 2016
  3. idmurf Win User
    Question about 3rd party software installation

I'm not seeing the direct answer to the question will software packages that are not apps nor Microsoft packages, like movie editing software, need to be reinstalled following Windows 10 upgrade?

idmurf, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

Hello and welcome:*Smile

The answer probably depends on several factors.

What is the name and version of the accounting software in question?
    That info may help us to better help you.*Smile

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Hi it is Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2010.

Version 16.0.4.113.

It is old but it does everything I need to and I do not want to upgrade it

Many thanks
    Karl

KCT TENERIFE, Nov 4, 2016
  6. z3r010 Win User
    I few years back when Windows 8 had just came out I got a call from sage saying that the version I had 100% didn't work with Windows 8 and if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8 then I would need to buy the new version, the guy made an excuse and got off the line quickly when I explained all my machines were already upgraded to Win8 and the old version of Sage worked perfectly.

The moral of the story - pay no attention to what sage say, if it works then you're fine *Wink

z3r010, Nov 4, 2016
  7. cbwilsha Win User
    Amen! Also, don't try to fix what ain't broke!

C.B.

cbwilsha, Nov 4, 2016
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

Indeed lol. Thank You.

KCT TENERIFE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 10 software question

1. Upgraded to Windows 10 software question - Similar Threads - Upgraded software question

2. Software Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Question: I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer and would like to install Windows 10. Is there anything I need to do before I but Windows 10 and install it so I do not have any problems in the process?I'd also like to add while I obligated to make this post to get...
  3. Software Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software Question: I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer and would like to install Windows 10. Is there anything I need to do before I but Windows 10 and install it so I do not have any problems in the process?I'd also like to add while I obligated to make this post to get...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade questions: Hi, I want to upgrade windows 8 to 10 but having some important questions.My C drive has around 25gb in space. How much disk space do I need to upgrade? I read that it is 16gb but some said it is more than 20gbAnd after the upgrading, will my disk space revert back to...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 upgrade questions: Hi, I want to upgrade windows 8 to 10 but having some important questions.My C drive has around 25gb in space. How much disk space do I need to upgrade? I read that it is 16gb but some said it is more than 20gbAnd after the upgrading, will my disk space revert back to...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Upgrade Questions: Hi there, I have an older PC running an edition of windows 7 PRO currently on a HDD. I plan on building a new PC in the near future, and want to upgrade this copy. My questions are ; Can I upgrade this copy of windows 7 for free still to windows 10? During this upgrade,...
  7. Upgrade from v1909 to v2004 - - Questions on Existing Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from v1909 to v2004 - - Questions on Existing Software: Win10-Pro, v1909, Build 18363 Found this: Beginning with Windows 10, version 2004, all new Windows 10 systems will be required to use 64-bit builds and Microsoft will no longer release 32-bit builds for OEM distribution. This does not impact 32-bit customer systems that are...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade Question

Windows 10 Upgrade Question: Hi recently i wanted to upgrade my old windows 8.1 computer to windows 10, ive already tried windows 10 2004 but it seemed to be slow and buggy and some of my drivers had gone missing until i rolled back to windows 8.1, is there a way i could still get windows 10 1909 still...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade Question: Does anyone know yet if there will be a way to request a physical copy of Windows 10 if you are using the free upgrade? I would love to have a physical copy as a backup and would prefer an official copy of such to just putting it on a USB drive or using an ISO from somewhere...
  10. Questions about upgrading to windows 10

Questions about upgrading to windows 10: Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10 when it comes out, is there...