Windows 10: Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly

Discus and support Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Windows 11 today and I am quite not confident whether this has happened as expected. Below are my concerns1. Though my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yaswanth Kumar Reddy, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly

I have upgraded to Windows 11 today and I am quite not confident whether this has happened as expected. Below are my concerns1. Though my windows specifications shows Windows 11 Home is installed but my command prompt says I am using Windows 10.2. While upgrading to Windows 11, I was never asked for any disk clean up or formatting. This just happened like normal update and which was finished within 30 minutes or so. I am worried whether OS upgrade has happened properly or not as I can't rollback to Windows 10 because I did "Reset this PC" after updating to Windows 11.

:)

Yaswanth Kumar Reddy, Dec 4, 2023

2. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Dec 4, 2023
  3. dougboes Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly

Difficulty upgrading to windows 11

Okay Thanks! but I have a few more questions...

1. Do you know how many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly

1. Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly - Similar Threads - Upgraded unsure has

2. Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11 but unsure if it has happened properly: I have upgraded to Windows 11 today and I am quite not confident whether this has happened as expected. Below are my concerns1. Though my windows specifications shows Windows 11 Home is installed but my command prompt says I am using Windows 10.2. While upgrading to Windows...
  3. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  4. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  5. Unsure what happen during backup

6. Windows 11 Upgrade And what happens to my apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade And what happens to my apps.: So, I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I dont know what will happen to the i apps i have downloaded and the default apps, will i have to install the external apps again or will they still be there after upgrading to Windows 11?...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade And what happens to my apps.

Windows 11 Upgrade And what happens to my apps.: So, I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I dont know what will happen to the i apps i have downloaded and the default apps, will i have to install the external apps again or will they still be there after upgrading to Windows 11?...
  8. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed: Hi everyone,I have Windows 10 at the moment and I keep on getting for the last month notifications that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and to upgrade. But whenever I use the Windows Update tool it downloads, installs, PC resets and then back to square one with no message...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 11 has failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade