Windows 10: Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.

Discus and support Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. About 90% of boots, my laptop will hang a and produce a BSOD. Initially, the BSODs were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nabbyG, Sep 15, 2015.

1. nabbyG Win User

Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. About 90% of boots, my laptop will hang a and produce a BSOD. Initially, the BSODs were typically "system thread exception not handled" and "pfn list corrupt". A restart would solve the issue.

However, after the latest Win 10 update last week, initially everything went well, there were no boot hangs for awhile until a few days ago when it keeps on BSODing on boot with the error "Inaccessible boot device". The subsequent restart would end up with a BSOD of "system thread exception not handled". It works only after multiple restarts, which is worrying.

Any help is appreciated. Attached is the requested log file.
    Attachment 37810

:)

nabbyG, Sep 15, 2015

2. Acer aspire r 11 windows 10 upgrading problem

So I just bought my Acer aspire r 11 last monday, and on the box it says ready free windows 10 upgrade, so I signed up for reservation and got my notification that I can download the Upgrade, but when I continue to upgrade my device and needed to restart
    It got stuck/LAg/HAng on the boot load page for over an hour, I decided to restart and redownloaded my win 10 upgrade but the results were the same, I tried making a start up recovery from my other computer(my main computer) which was already on windows 10
    but samething happens it Hang up on the boot start. I need Help Please.

Thanks

AshierPagba, Sep 15, 2015
  3. windows no boot

no error codes. the computer is very capable of windows 10 (i5-8gb ddr3-1gb ati). was running win 7 pro. it just boots to windows failed to start-run windows recovery or start windows as normal. recovery just hangs at win 10 logo. start normally loads
    starting windows screen then reboots. I have tried to reinstall win 10, 7, even xp through dvd but each time I press anything to run from cd it just hangs at win 10 logo no matter what os I'm trying to install. something in your upgrade has corrupted my system

patamatrikr, Sep 15, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi nabbyG,

You say you have had multiple BSOD's, but there is only 1 dump file.
    If you use Ccleaner or other programs to cleanup your system, please temporarily stop using them or configure them to not delete dump files. The dump files are necessary in the troubleshooting process.

Your hard drive has not enough free space.
    Please remove files to increase the free space to at least 10-15% free space.

Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot. [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

The cause of the crash is your antivirus program, most likely due to the date of the program.
    Updating might solve it.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm immunetselfprotectstart end module name fffff800`b2c10000 fffff800`b2c1d000 immunetselfprotect T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: immunetselfprotect.sys Image path: \??\C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\immunetselfprotect.sys Image name: immunetselfprotect.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 18 21:46:37 2014 (53C9799D) CheckSum: 0000BD72 ImageSize: 0000D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. nabbyG Win User
    For the current AV I am using, it is already the latest version. I will try to use another AV and see if the BSOD still occurs.

Oh yeah, I recently used CCleaner to clean my laptop.. I will take note not to use it for the moment.

nabbyG, Sep 16, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please check from what program that driver is, it is unfamiliair for me.

7. nabbyG Win User
    The program name is Immunet 3.

nabbyG, Sep 16, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Let us know how it goes *Smile

9. nabbyG Win User
    Hmm I installed another AV, Panda Free Antivirus 2015. The boot hangs still occurs.

Attached is the latest logs - Attachment 38089

nabbyG, Sep 17, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    1 of the causes is a driver called ruinetf.sys, but I cannot find much information about it.
    This might mean that your system is infected, please run a full scan with Panda & Malwarebytes.
    If you know from what program this driver is (and trust it), please update/remove it.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm ruinetf start end module name fffff801`dc570000 fffff801`dc57e000 ruinetf T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ruinetf.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ruinetf.sys Image name: ruinetf.sys Timestamp: Wed Jul 23 19:46:11 2014 (53CFF4E3) CheckSum: 00019388 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

11. nabbyG Win User
    ruinetf.sys seems to belong to one my installed programs, Winpatrol or Winprivacy. I'll update it and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks alot.

nabbyG, Sep 17, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    You're welcome *Smile
    Keep us posted.

13. nabbyG Win User

Upgrading the program didn't work, so I deleted Winprivacy to see if it solves the issue. Unfortunately the boot hangs still occurred =/. It took me 1 hr of rebooting to get it to work *Sad

Attached is the latest logs - Attachment 38199

nabbyG, Sep 18, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. nabbyG Win User
    Hi, there have no no boot issues for quite awhile, but it happens twice today.

I have ensured the disk space is more sufficient and chkdsk discovered no errors.

Attachment 39075

nabbyG, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot. - Similar Threads - Upgraded Computer constantly

2. Computer hangs on cold boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer hangs on cold boot.: Fresh install of Windows 10. The system hangs on boot and just displays the Windows logo every single time! Nothing wrong in device manager and no errors of any kind displaying System specs are: AMD FX 6200 Asus M5A97 R 2.0 motherboard Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB (boot drive)...
  3. Win 10 Pro - hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro - hanging: What is the next step... I've updated/clean/deleted virus detection it still hangs up... any suggestions please... Thanks Ed The program EmbroideryWarePC.exe version 3.4.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is...
  4. Windows 10 hangs on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 hangs on boot: My Windows 10 hangs up if I boot up after a shutdown. I have to reboot at least 3 times before I can enter my password. My interim solution to avoid this annoyance has been to NEVER let the machine go to sleep. However if I get a Windows update or experience a power outage, I...
  5. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer hanging after win 10 upgrade: Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10....
  6. Windows 10 Boot Hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Hang: I start the computer, I see the Asus Splash screen, it goes to the new Windows 10 Load screen with the new flag and the spinning dots..... It freezes. I hit my reset button and it boots fine.... Everytime... why? *Smile 31403
  7. Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 upgrade now refuses to boot.: I have a Win 7 HTPC with a ASUS F1A75 M-PRO mobo and a AMD cpu which I just upgraded to Win 10. Launched the process from Windows update applet, not the taskbar icon. All went well and the process completed without difficulty. Set up my libraries and joined my...
  8. Constant Windows 10 hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant Windows 10 hangs: Here's a chronic and apparently unsolvable problem with Windows 10. Short desciption: ever since moving the boot partition to a Crucial MX200 SSD, the PC has been crash and hang prone. Windows 10 Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 32 Bit Windows, PC has a AMD FX6300 and...
  9. Win 10 upgrade on Tripple Boot Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade on Tripple Boot Machine: I have a Dell XPS 9100 machine that is triple boot, Win 7 SP1 Drive on C (this is the OEM OS), and Win 8 (not 8.1) on Drive I, and Win XP SP3 on Drive D. I would like to do a upgrade of the Win 7 SP1 Ultimate drive C to win 10 pro th2-10586. Can someone suggest how I might...
  10. Win 10 Upgrade Hang – Four Days and Counting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade Hang – Four Days and Counting: I’m not sure how it happened, but my Windows 7 laptop started doing an upgrade to Win 10 four days ago, and it still seems to be in the process. The hard drive light periodically flashes. Control/Alt/Delete does nothing. When I power down and try to power back up into safe...