Windows 10: Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

Discus and support Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leafar, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Leafar Win User

Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

Hi there,

I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random freezes that completely lock up my system where nothing works anymore. (mouse doesn't move etc.) The only way to fix it is to do a cold reboot.

I've done this so many times now and I'm getting really tired of it and not to mention it might damage my hard drives. I couldn't find enough info in my event log, but there are quite a bit of events so one of those might be the culprit.

Here's a picture of it: httpsi.imgur.comID39WR9.png

I've done a windows reset twice now hoping it might resolve the issue, but no luck. The problem keeps happening.

I've read all around the web that many people have the same issue, but nowhere do I see someone who fixed this problem and I don't see Microsoft fixing this any time soon.

What can I do?

:)

Leafar, Nov 29, 2015

2. Freezing

My laptop keeps on freezing. I had problem before but now I do. I recently installed windows 10 on my laptop. My screen freezes randomly please help.

VincentLe148, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB3182373) keeps installing several times always successful (random freezes)

Hello!

Since the 2nd of October my laptop freezes randomly (in-game online or whilst browsing). Now I have checked windows updates and well I have this same update several times a day for a few days now ALWAYS successful. Might be completely unrelated but still
    weird. Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Beata-NoemiBalint, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

1. Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly - Similar Threads - Upgraded gaming laptop

2. My laptop keeps freezing all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps freezing all the time: So I have this problem for few months already, it just randomly freezes, when I am on Chrome (or any other program, games or something like that) and get back to the Desktop i can´t click anything, I need to start my task manager and then I can click again. Does someone have...
  3. Games keeps freezing (windows 10)

Games keeps freezing (windows 10): My games keeps freezing I don't know why, When its freezing cpu or disk in task manger is at 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-keeps-freezing-windows-10/08db062d-5ae9-40f2-b2b5-aea08610d1da
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes': I have a strange problem with my laptop, in that whenever I leave it alone for a given length of time, (about 5-6 minutes) the laptop then suddenly does not respond to any future inputs. The screen remains exactly as it was at the time of the freeze, and nothing causes it to...
  5. Game keeps freezing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game keeps freezing: I use a controller and a headphone connected via Bluetooth to play games. A couple of days ago the issue appeared: the game freezes but starts working after a while. When the game is frozen, the controller loses connection but the headphone works. However before long, it...
  6. My Laptop keeps restarting randomly

My Laptop keeps restarting randomly: So this has been going on a while now, everytime I log on and go on my laptop it randomly restarts and I don't know why. Like, i'll have 10 maybe 14 minutes of time on it before it restarts. It would say 'restarting' with that little circle going around it then it restarts...
  7. Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing

Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing: My Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing! It never used to happen, but after like 5-6 months of having the PC it keeps freezing. I thought it could be something to do with the drivers but every time I go to update a driver through Windows it says the latest driver is already...
  8. My game keeps randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game keeps randomly lagging: I tried playing a game on my computer and I kept having lags so I opened task manager and I saw that "ntoskrnl.exe System" was using my network and therefore lagging my game. I tried several things to stop it but nothing worked, I tried checking for updates, updating my...
  9. My Desktop keeps freezing up randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Desktop keeps freezing up randomly: I have an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop running the Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update. Randomly, it freezes up and I have to wait a few seconds for it to respond again. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it? Thanks! 63045
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.: It's been a while since I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem still exists. To leave this short, when I'm doing something like watching a movie, installing files, browsing the web, playing a game, etc. My computer just becomes completely unresponsive. I can't move my...