Windows 10: Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

Discus and support Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leafar, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Leafar Win User

Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

Hi there,

I bought an MSI GT80 gaming laptop a couple of months ago and updated from Windows 8.1 to 10. Since then however I keep getting random freezes that completely lock up my system where nothing works anymore. (mouse doesn't move etc.) The only way to fix it is to do a cold reboot.

I've done this so many times now and I'm getting really tired of it and not to mention it might damage my hard drives. I couldn't find enough info in my event log, but there are quite a bit of events so one of those might be the culprit.

Here's a picture of it: httpsi.imgur.comID39WR9.png

I've done a windows reset twice now hoping it might resolve the issue, but no luck. The problem keeps happening.

I've read all around the web that many people have the same issue, but nowhere do I see someone who fixed this problem and I don't see Microsoft fixing this any time soon.

What can I do?

:)

Leafar, Nov 29, 2015

2. Freezing

My laptop keeps on freezing. I had problem before but now I do. I recently installed windows 10 on my laptop. My screen freezes randomly please help.

VincentLe148, Nov 29, 2015
  3. Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB3182373) keeps installing several times always successful (random freezes)

Hello!

Since the 2nd of October my laptop freezes randomly (in-game online or whilst browsing). Now I have checked windows updates and well I have this same update several times a day for a few days now ALWAYS successful. Might be completely unrelated but still
    weird. Anybody else experiencing this?

Thanks!

Beata-NoemiBalint, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly

1. Upgraded windows 10 and now my gaming laptop keeps freezing randomly - Similar Threads - Upgraded gaming laptop

2. Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10: My laptop freezes randomly. The issue has happened both before and after boot up. I have run multiple tests listed on HP UEFI firmware for hardware diagnostics and all of them passed. Sometimes, it freezes during these tests also. The issue is recurrent,i.e., for days the...
  3. Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezes randomly, Windows 10: My laptop freezes randomly. The issue has happened both before and after boot up. I have run multiple tests listed on HP UEFI firmware for hardware diagnostics and all of them passed. Sometimes, it freezes during these tests also. The issue is recurrent,i.e., for days the...
  4. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  5. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  6. Random freezes on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes on my laptop.: Its been 6 months since I have bought a TUF FX505DT. For the past month I have been getting random freezes on it, which requires a hard reboot to get it working again. This began when I started using MS Teams for school purposes... And I thought that it was the centre of the...
  7. Laptop Keeps Freezing, Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Freezing, Randomly: hi guys i really need some advice, my laptop started freezing recently and its so random, i've tried overloading it, i've tried doing basic tasks and iv also just started it up and it keep freezing, it stutters for a few seconds then stops, and stays stuck until i force...
  8. Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Randomly Freezes while gaming: Hi Everyone can you please help me with my problem? While gaming my keyboard and trackpad is the first one that's freezes then the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-randomly-freezes-while-gaming/9036dbad-e065-4dd5-b812-16c75679ae3b
  9. Games keeps freezing (windows 10)

Games keeps freezing (windows 10): My games keeps freezing I don't know why, When its freezing cpu or disk in task manger is at 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-keeps-freezing-windows-10/08db062d-5ae9-40f2-b2b5-aea08610d1da
  10. Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes'

Windows 10 Laptop Random 'freezes': I have a strange problem with my laptop, in that whenever I leave it alone for a given length of time, (about 5-6 minutes) the laptop then suddenly does not respond to any future inputs. The screen remains exactly as it was at the time of the freeze, and nothing causes it to...