Windows 10: Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone run into this problem or know how to get my Windows 10 Enterprise setting back to Window 10 Pro? Or should I simple use Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GMach33, Aug 21, 2019.

1. GMach33 Win User

Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

Has anyone run into this problem or know how to get my Windows 10 Enterprise setting back to Window 10 Pro? Or should I simple use Windows 10 Enterprise as is?

My concern is did Windows 10 Enterprise get installed or did Window 10 Pro install and the wrong information is being displayed.

My question, are there multiple ways to validate your which Windows OS is installed?

Regards,

GM

:)

GMach33, Aug 21, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Ungari Win User

I wager that this "deadline" will be extended as the goal is to get everyone on Win 10 whether they want it or not.

Ungari, Aug 21, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded Windows 10 Home, using my Windows 8.1 Pro license, ended up with Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home using

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  6. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...: I bought a key and proceeded to upgrade but I just ended up with enterprise, what do I do? I can't seem to find any support anything submitted by /u/thatfakeyeezyhustle [link] [comments]...
  7. I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise

I upgraded from Windows 10 home to pro, but I ended up in enterprise: I bought a laptop without an OS, I was running unactivated home but decided to buy pro, after inserting the key I ended up in enterprise which is activated, when I use the default key to go back to pro, and put the key back in, I end up with enterprise again, what can I do?...
  8. Used Windows 10 Pro license key, ended up getting Windows 10 Enterprise instead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used Windows 10 Pro license key, ended up getting Windows 10 Enterprise instead.: Hello everyone, My laptop is an Asus VivoBook S15 (X510UF-BR154T) and it came with Windows 10 Home. I used a Windows 10 Pro license key from my ThinkPad X240 to try to upgrade my VivoBook to Windows 10 Pro. After upgrading it, I got Windows 10...
  9. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  10. upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...

upgraded PC to from activated Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro, ended up with enterprise,...: What a mess. I purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to pro ($99 USD), installed that. Now my system is showing as Windows 10 enterprise and is not activated. I have the a product key sticker on the box and I entered that but windows comes back with "the product key didn't...