Windows 10: Upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903, now finger print sign on doesn't work

Discus and support Upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903, now finger print sign on doesn't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm annoyed because the finger print log-on feature, which I really liked, no longer works after I updated Windows 10 to version 1903 yesterday. I go... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Matt_036, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Matt_036 Win User

Upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903, now finger print sign on doesn't work

I'm annoyed because the finger print log-on feature, which I really liked, no longer works after I updated Windows 10 to version 1903 yesterday. I go to Windows Hello Fingerprint in the sign-in options and it says "this option is currently unavailable," and "we couldn't find a scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I hope this is not a situation where Microsoft 'updated' itself out of a nice feature. Not sure if it is a driver issue, because I'm having trouble finding the driver update if there is one. Anyone else have this problem?

:)

Matt_036, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Matt_036 Win User

I'm annoyed because the finger print log-on feature, which I really liked, no longer works after I updated Windows 10 to version 1903 yesterday. I go to Windows Hello Fingerprint in the sign-in options and it says "this option is currently unavailable,"
    and "we couldn't find a scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I hope this is not a situation where Microsoft 'updated' itself out of a nice feature. Not sure if it is a driver issue, because I'm having trouble finding the driver update if there
    is one. Anyone else have this problem?

Matt_036, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

I've done that. I've removed them and reloaded them several times. The finger print scanner is working and Windows 10 appears to be allowing me to register finger prints. However, the Hello Windows sign in screen will not respond when I try to use
    the finger print scanner. The password and PIN sign in options are available, but finger prints are not available on the Hello Windows screen.

GarnettCraig, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903, now finger print sign on doesn't work

Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

This was working on my PC until it crashed this week and I had to do a full re-install.

My Dell Laptop has an Authen Tec AES2810 Finger Print Reader.

Windows 10 biometrics not showing in control panel. I can scan finger prints under Setting -> Accounts -> Sign-in Options but Windows will never allow me to sign in with my finger print scanner. It appears Windows 10 isn't saving my finger prints. I don't
    ever see the "remove" button after I scan and save fingerprints.

I can get the reader to work. And Windows Sign-in Options will allow me to scan finger prints, but it never shows on the "Hello Windows" screen as a sign in option.

GarnettCraig, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded Windows 10 to version 1903, now finger print sign on doesn't work - Similar Threads - Upgraded version 1903

2. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  3. windows hello finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello finger print doesn't work: Hello i'm having a problem with my windows hello. I can't set up finger print protection. when i click on set up button for finger print, and the get started button, it keeps loading and loading and if i move my pointer, it cancels the process :Have you any same...
  4. Finger print sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sign in: I am really confused by this finger print system on MIcrosoft. I bought a new hp laptop and it came with this option to sign on however I have had to change my finger print a few rimes as it locks me out claiming it does not recogonize my prints. Can someone explain to me...
  5. Finger print doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Finger print doesn't work: Hello, after few updates of Windows my finger print has stopped work. Fingerprint is Synaptics WBDI USB\VID_138A&PID_0094. I can't found any driver and old driver from year 2017 doesn't go. Can you help me?...
  6. Finger print is not working for sign up.

Finger print is not working for sign up.: Guys i have purchased Asus vivobook s14 last month &when it came to me its finger print login was working finr but suddenly one day it stopped working. i have tried to change the finger print and then sign in but it shows use your pin to login.kindly help........
  7. finger print not working

finger print not working: Hi my windows hello is not working yesterday it was working just fine but today it suddenly stopped working and when I open device manger and then the biometric devices it told me that it cannot start and it gave me code 10 and I have the latest update for the driver...
  8. finger print not working

finger print not working: Hi after an update my finger print scanner stopped working on my HP laptop, any advise? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-not-working/d58a9418-cc2d-44e5-9b4e-06bd048631cf
  9. Cannot sign in with finger print

Cannot sign in with finger print: My computer shows that Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. And also i cannot sign in using finger print. How should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-with-finger-print/d0b4c6c9-8bcf-4815-a62f-02d69dd2396f
  10. Finger print sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger print sign in: Once I set up finger print sign in does it become the default sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sign-in/b6ee96f8-ef05-4d14-95cc-bcb71d7c41bd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner

2. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible

3. windows 10 1903 finger print log in

4. could not found figerprint scanner compatible with hello windows login?,
  5. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner with windows hello fingerprint in asus,
  6. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint in sign-in options,
  7. we could find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint,
  8. wwe coulent find a fingerprint scaner comatible with windonws hello fingerprint,
  9. couldt find a fingerprint scanner compatible,
  10. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner dell,
  11. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint,
  12. we couldnt not find fingerprint scaner compatible with windows hello finger print,
  13. windows 10 1903 can not detect fingerprint,
  14. windows 10 1903 fingerprint,
  15. we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print