Windows 10: upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users

Discus and support upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I finally accepted the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an old computer. That went really well, so I created some Microsoft accounts for the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JacobSheridan1, Nov 30, 2020.

1. upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users

I finally accepted the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on an old computer. That went really well, so I created some Microsoft accounts for the other users, planning to add them. But, there's a few problems.

When I add the new Microsoft accounts, it silently fails. They show up in the "net use" list, but not on the sign-in list, and no folder is created in "C:\Users\". If I try to add them again, it says they already exist.

I read a tip to rename "C:\Users\Default\", but that didn't help. A new default was created, though.

I ran the long DISM repair command, that finished. Then sfc /scannow which found errors and fixed them. A second run found no problems.

I tried adding again, but same issue as before.

Then I tried adding a new user via "Computer Management", "Local Users and Computers". It didn't create a "C:\Users\username" folder, and it didn't show up in the settings list, but it did show up in the login screen along with the others. When tried to signed in, the "User Profile Service failed the sign in" and it returns to the login screen. But now, the other users both old accounts that were converted to Microsoft accounts are unavailable. Even after rebooting, only this user is listed and of course cannot login.

Fortunately, holding down Shift and restarting the PC allowed me to use System Restore, to before the user was created. But if I add them again, the same issue occurs.

I'd like to repair Windows to the point I can add new users.

:)

JacobSheridan1, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 30, 2020
  4. upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users

Windows 10 Pro (1703): Unable to create new user accounts

Corrupt User Profiles are common in Windows, especially after the upgrade from Windows 8.1/7 to Windows 10, and various solutions for this problem could be applied, depending on the situation and error message you receive. Users say that user profile can
    become corrupted because a lot of things, so we don’t know exactly what causing this issue.

Follow these workaround to create a new user profile.

• Restart your computer, and login to the admin account again (it’s better to use this account, than account you just created)
    • Navigate to the corrupt user account (it’s on the disk you have Windows installed on (usually Cupgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users :), under Users)
    • Open your corrupted user profile and copy content form it to your new user profile
    • Once everything is done, logout from your admin account, and log back in to the new account, and your settings should be transferred.
    Also, check if you enabling hidden admin account will resolve the issue. Follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer and boot into
      Safe Mode.
    • Open Command Prompt (by right-clicking on the Start Menu button, and choosing Command Prompt Admin)
    • Type in the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should get “The command completed successfully” message. Reboot your computer.

You have activated the admin account, and it will be available to login on the next boot. So, when your computer starts, just login into the admin account and follow the steps below, to create a new user profile:

• Go to Settings, and then to Accounts
    • Go to Family and other users
    • Click on Add someone else to this computer
    • Follow the instructions and finish the creation of new users profile.

We hope this solution helped you to restore your user profile.

Haidae Tam, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users

1. upgraded Windows 10 various problems creating new users - Similar Threads - upgraded various problems

2. Problem with creating user in windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with creating user in windows: When i go to settings-Account i don't have family setting that allow u to create new user. Someone know how to fix it? Please fast answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-creating-user-in-windows/e0c438a6-1563-449a-93e8-16eeffa94b9a
  3. create a new user in window 10, but this happen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a new user in window 10, but this happen.: i try to create a new user for my computer, so i get into control panel. user account, manage another account, creat a new user and this window pop up, i dont know what it is and i cant creat a new user or my computer. [ATTACH]...
  4. Creating a new user on WIndows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating a new user on WIndows 10: Can someone signpost me to some decent instructions on how to create new users on my laptop using an email address. I tried to do it yesterday and I can indeed log into it from the lock screen but I seem to have created two top level folders called ngwil and...
  5. Windows 10 update created a new user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update created a new user: A few weeks ago the Windows 10 Automatic update created a new user profile on my PC. I was previously, "Paul" and the new profile is called "Paul.000". Almost every file has been moved to the new profile. I have had quite a few problems associated with this. Is Windows going...
  6. Creating an user problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating an user problem: Hi! I'm new on this subreddit so I don't know if this problem is solved but I have this problem with the laptop of my girlfriend, I want to create 2 more users for her family and this is my problem every time I create the user it shows up the aplications that I installed on...
  7. Windows 10 update created a new user.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update created a new user.: I cant remember which specific windows update it was, but it created a identical user. The password is different to my main account, and windows always wants to load into that account instead of mine, saying that the username or password is incorrect. This is getting...
  8. Can't Create A New User Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Create A New User Windows 10.: Whenever I try to create a new user in the windows settings, I get a popup that says that I need to choose an app to open this in, when I select yes, nothing happens, when I press no, the popup goes away. I have no idea what to do....
  9. Upgraded to Windows 10 but having issues creating new Family user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Upgraded to Windows 10 but having issues creating new Family user: Hi, my first post so I hope I'm in the correct place. I have an HP Envy Laptop, I was running 8.1 and went for the free upgrade to 10 Home. All went well, (extremely well surprisingly) and everything worked OK. Even an old copy of Quicken 2004 worked without a glitch. I then...
  10. Windows 10 Various Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Various Problems: Hello All, I know this has probably been asked a few times but just need some clarification if I could, I have the below problems in list form (I'm by no means a computer whiz but can follow steps :-)) - EVERYTIME Win10 Boots it takes about 15 minutes from start to my...