Windows 10: Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

Discus and support Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I've recently added a new SSD into my laptop and using it as my boot driver. I did a clean install of window 10 and activated with digital license,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wanbangong, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

Hi. I've recently added a new SSD into my laptop and using it as my boot driver. I did a clean install of window 10 and activated with digital license, wiped my hdd and use it as secondary drive, arrange boot driver sequence. Yet each time I start my laptop, it first goes into recovery mod with message " Your PC/ Device needs to be repaired" "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. "Error code : 0xc000000e"I'll have to press Esc to go into UEFI Firmware settings, then quit again without making any changes, then voila, it will load my window like normal. I put my Boot priority o

:)

wanbangong, Apr 4, 2022

2. Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option

Now, after working most of my time in Win 10, and having been able to upgrade all drivers and software

that didn't work in Windows 10 yet, that did work in Windows 7, I would finally like to drop Windows 7 entirely.

And since I'm upgrading to a faster nvme m.2 ssd, I would like to do the two steps in one go, if at all possible.

(But I would still like to have good recovery options. I've often been able to use the Win 7 boot option to fix

stuff for the Win 10 partition etc.)

jacksonchisenga1, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Tonyb Win User
    upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

reply did all internal drives last 2 are just my hard drive docking station drives rarely used i just happen to have them on today.

Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option... [​IMG]

Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option... [​IMG]

Tonyb, Apr 4, 2022
  4. JuliusBT Win User

Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option

Currently I have Windows 10 (up to date) and Windows 7 (up to date) both x64 Pro on a booting SSD.

When I boot the PC, it shows me which one I would like to boot with. Once installed that way using Windows 10,

so the boot option is a Windows 10 style menu, not the old-school Windows 7 dual boot screen.

Now, after working most of my time in Win 10, and having been able to upgrade all drivers and software

that didn't work in Windows 10 yet, that did work in Windows 7, I would finally like to drop Windows 7 entirely.

And since I'm upgrading to a faster nvme m.2 ssd, I would like to do the two steps in one go, if at all possible.

(But I would still like to have good recovery options. I've often been able to use the Win 7 boot option to fix

stuff for the Win 10 partition etc.)

What's the best way to go about this?

I'm experienced using Macrium Reflect to clone disks and boot drives,

but I'm not sure which partitions I should then copy, or if I need to re-install Win 10 on the new drive alone

and use some sort of Microsoft account profile to start anew with the new M.2 ssd taking as much as I can

through the MS account into the new install.

What would you recommend me doing? If I do need to perform a fresh install, does the license still work, and if so, how to handle that?

Is it for example possible to install windows 10 cleanly on that new ssd,

and then use macrium reflect to overwrite only the Win10 partition from the older ssd,

so everything is still there and I don't need to re-install all 3rd party software/drivers etc. ?

TIA

JuliusBT, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

1. Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option... - Similar Threads - Upgraded SSD laptop

2. Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...: Hi. I've recently added a new SSD into my laptop and using it as my boot driver. I did a clean install of window 10 and activated with digital license, wiped my hdd and use it as secondary drive, arrange boot driver sequence. Yet each time I start my laptop, it first goes...
  3. Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded with a new m.2 SSD on laptop but on every startup, it loads into recovery option...: Hi. I've recently added a new SSD into my laptop and using it as my boot driver. I did a clean install of window 10 and activated with digital license, wiped my hdd and use it as secondary drive, arrange boot driver sequence. Yet each time I start my laptop, it first goes...
  4. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  5. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  6. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Fast Startup on M.2 NVMe SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup on M.2 NVMe SSD ?: So ever since i reinstalled the OS i haven't disabled Fast Startup on it. I used to have Fast Startup enabled on my HDD by default after OS installation because i never messed with it. But i've been reading around the web that for M.2 if Fast Startup is enabled then it might...
  8. upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd: HI all so i upgraded my laptops 128GB SSD to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd P2 version, i used Macrium Reflect 7 to Clone my C drive, everything went well, i did have to stop errors the first time i tried to boot from it, but that has resolved it self and has not shown its...
  9. Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option

Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option: Currently I have Windows 10 (up to date) and Windows 7 (up to date) both x64 Pro on a booting SSD. When I boot the PC, it shows me which one I would like to boot with. Once installed that way using Windows 10, so the boot option is a Windows 10 style menu, not the...
  10. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...