Windows 10: Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

Discus and support Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was prompted to download 3 updates on 3/5/19 . Descriptions: 1)Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for 64 based systems. 2) 2019-02... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicholasChappell, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

I was prompted to download 3 updates on 3/5/19 . Descriptions: 1)Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for 64 based systems. 2) 2019-02 security update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 version 1809 for 64 based systems. 3) Cumulative update for .Net Framework 3.5 & 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for 64 based system.
    On 3/12 was prompted again and I thought it was to fix the screwups. Again they downloaded #2 & #3 upgrades as described above.
    Following the first time updates on 3/5 I lost all my "favorites" on Internet Explorer and all my personal files. On top of that I cannot access any of the programs on the start menu such as Paint, Notepad, Solitaire and none of my accessories. It also wiped out my "Office" file that I have a paid subscription for and I cannot access it neither. Strangely I don't have to enter my pin to access my PC like I always did before.

This all happened on 3/5 following the first 3 upgrades. I tried, on 3/31 to uninstall the upgrades through my "Settings". Immediately after that I was prompted to restart for changes to take effect. When I did it downloaded all 3 upgrades to my PC again. Every time I restart my PC now all my info such as favorites and personal documents, photo, etc get cleaned out.

When I tried to use the programs Microsoft offers through "Troubleshooting" (I downloaded the troubleshooter for update problems) I get a prompt that says I am missing an App to run it. It doesn't even tell me what the app is!!
    FRUSTRATED!!!

:)

NicholasChappell, Apr 2, 2019

2. Microsoft March 2019 Security Updates

Security Update Guide > Release Notes

Release Notes

March 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: March 12, 2019

The March security release consists of security updates for the following software:

Adobe Flash Player

Internet Explorer

Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Windows

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office SharePoint

ChakraCore

Team Foundation Server

Skype for Business

Visual Studio

NuGet

Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.

Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.

For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.

In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.

The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

ADV190008

ADV190010 *

ADV990001

CVE-2019-0614

CVE-2019-0702

CVE-2019-0703

CVE-2019-0704

CVE-2019-0755

CVE-2019-0759

CVE-2019-0767

CVE-2019-0774

CVE-2019-0775

CVE-2019-0776

CVE-2019-0782

Known Issues

KB Article Applies To

4489878 Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)

4489881 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)

4489882 Windows 10 version 1607, Windows Server 2016

4489883 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)

4489884 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)

4489885 Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Security-only update)

4489891 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)

4489899 Windows 10 version 1809, Windows Server 2019

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
  4. twiggs2 Win User

Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

March 2019 update undoing changes loop help!

Hel please new to this my laptop is in a continuous loop of a blue black screen saying undoing changes it goes on for hours it won't stop after the March 2019 update can't get into my laptop at all. Please any help appreciated.

twiggs2, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes

1. Upgrades March 2019 have screwed up my PC and I cannot find a solution to changes - Similar Threads - Upgrades March 2019

2. Is Microsoft intentionally screwing up my computer march 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Microsoft intentionally screwing up my computer march 2021: Is Microsoft intentionally screwing up my computer march 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-intentionally-screwing-up-my-computer/f237c005-fe39-4191-957f-b5a85c106adf
  3. Onedrive screwed my pc up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive screwed my pc up: So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert...
  4. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  5. Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.

Windows upgrade screwed up my computer.: Things that were of no interest to Microsoft were changed. Fonts, colors etc. Now I have to go back and change all of this sh*t, wasting my time. The biggest issue is the desktop screen is now zoomed in to the point I can't see the control buttons on the monitor/screen. How...
  6. I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have just changed the motherboard on my son's PC and on start up the PC cannot find an...: I have just upgraded the motherboard and CPU on my son's PC. As advised before starting we did a full system back-up. All looked well until we got past the initial BIOS setup screens and now we just have the following message: "An operating system wasn't found. Try...
  7. OneDrive Roadmap Round-up: March 2019

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Roadmap Round-up: March 2019: Hi everyone, Want to know what happened to OneDrive in March of 2019? Well read on to learn how your experience is getting better each and every week! We had some great improvements come to the product this month including: Per Machine Sync Client preview Live captions in...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade March 2019

Windows 10 upgrade March 2019: Both my Desktop and Laptop computers have upgraded. Clicking on the 'Window' icon, righthand end of task bar, brings up the a window listing all the apps, power & setting icons etc. On both machines I get the 'Icons' but no text is shown and no test come up from hovering...
  9. Windows update screwed up my PC

Windows update screwed up my PC: I allowed a update and now my laptop is a paper weight. I get an error popup window that says the desktop file is missing. Can not find that file on other laptops and none of the apps are visible. The windows icon does not do anything except change color when curser is over...
  10. Pc screwed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc screwed up: yesterday I was watching the new dbs and then pc went black and made some buzzing noise I can turn it on but I can't get to the desktop with users Yesterday I was talking with Microsoft for a hour and minutes trying to fix it they said the pc could be old and graphics issue....