Windows 10: Upgrades to Laptop

Discus and support Upgrades to Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo 110-15ISK Laptop (Ideapad) - Type 80UD. Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Secret-Ads, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Upgrades to Laptop

I have a Lenovo 110-15ISK Laptop (Ideapad) - Type 80UD.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

-What kind of SSD should I buy?

-How to install a 120GB SSD in there?

-How to put the Windows from the current HDD to SSD, so it boots fast?

-How much RAM can I put in my laptop?

-Should I add or replace the current RAM, which is 4GB? Because I don't know how many RAM slots I have.

-More than that, what other upgrades should I do?

submitted by /u/Secret-Ads
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Secret-Ads, Feb 20, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 20, 2021
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Hkcuong Win User

Upgrades to Laptop

Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Upgrades to Laptop

1. Upgrades to Laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrades Laptop

2. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  3. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  4. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  6. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  7. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...
  8. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade: My Laptop is stuck on a partly white rectangular part of thr screen. I looked online and someone had the same issue who just updated their windows 11. However, I did not update my laptop so I don’t know why I have the same issue. I am unable to open the taskmanagement and I...
  9. Laptop Stuck on white screen I think suggested upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.

Errors when upgrading Windows edition on laptop from Home to Education edition.: Hi,For reference: I am using Windows 11 home edition on ROG Zephyrus G14 and I am in Canada. I got my keys using my student account on Azure portalI am trying to upgrade the Windows on my laptop from the OEM home edition to the Education edition. I have two keys: one key for...