Windows 10: Upgrading a netbook

Discus and support Upgrading a netbook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7. I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kensiko, Nov 20, 2015.

1. kensiko Win User

Upgrading a netbook

Currently performing an upgrade on a msi wind u100 running Windows 7.

I have a USB key and started the upgrade process. It asked to check for updates and I accepted. Now it's been checking for updates for two hours.

Should I just cancel and restart the process?

:)

kensiko, Nov 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 New Product Key

Hello,

I need some help about the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I have two Asus 1215N netbook, each one with its own Windows 7 Original Serial Key.

Each of this netbook are using its own OEM key.

I made the upgrade to Windows 10 in one of this netbook.

So i got the new Windows 10 Serial key and its working perfect.

Now is time to upgrade the second netbook, but...

When I made the upgrade for the second netbook,

i received the same Windows 10 Serial Key of the first netbook!

I'm telling that i upgrade two identical computer (Asus 1215N) each one with its own Windows 7 key

but i received the same Windows 10 key for both.

Is this correct? I shoudn't receive a Windows 10 key for each one of these computers?

Isaac Bezerra Saraiva, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Trying to upgrade a Netbook to Windows 10 and not enough space

Hi there. We have been trying to update our Netbook with the new Windows 10 upgrade. Obviously the Netbook does not have space on it to upgrade. We have the update downloaded but it says it does not recognize the external drive or a USB card to run the
    upgrade. It doesn't give us a option to select a location to place the upgrade. Please help! We do not want the Netbook to be obsolete. Thank you for any help.

MichelleB143, Nov 20, 2015
  4. kensiko Win User

Upgrading a netbook

Oh just arrived to EULA terms and accepted, but now it is back to checking updates and it is stuck at 0% for 30 minutes. Oh well..

kensiko, Nov 20, 2015
  5. kensiko Win User
    4 hours later I was able to launch the upgrade process, for real !

kensiko, Nov 20, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    That's why I usually uncheck the option to search for updates. You can always update it once Windows 10 is installed. You probably waited for every available Windows 7 update to download and install before upgrading to Windows 10. Waste of time since most updates of Windows 7 are build-in in Windows 10 and not necessary.

spapakons, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading a netbook

1. Upgrading a netbook - Similar Threads - Upgrading netbook

2. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  3. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  4. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  5. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  6. Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any Upgrade Path from Windows 7 Starter to Win10 on ASUS Netbook?: I read with interest the thread by teachermark about installing Windows 10 on his netbook and it got me thinking about the same to mine. My 2012 ASUS Eee PC 1012C with the Dual core Intel Atom N2600, 1600 MHz w/ 1 GB ram. It came with Windows 7 Starter but that made the...
  7. Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10

Want to upgrade Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10: I want to try upgrading my Samsung Netbook N220 to Windows 10, if I can. It seems to meet the requirements, except for the graphics driver which is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150. I saw this post about upgrading the graphics card and the Microsoft download page...
  8. My netbook died after upgrading to 14385

My netbook died after upgrading to 14385: I went to upgrade both my desktop and netbook to 14385. I left them unattended, so I don't know in what step the problem happened. Now my netbook doesn't boot. The desktop is fine. The netbook restarts over and over just after the POST screen, without a way to enter safe...
  9. Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10

Cannot see bottom of screen on NetBook after upgrade to Win 10: I just upgraded to Win 10 on my Acer Aspire One netbook, but cannot get the bottom of the display to be visible. The start button/task bar is off screen, and I cannot find a way to fix it. The native display of the netbook is 1024X600, and display was set at 1024X768 in...
  10. acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10: acer aspire one d 150 netbook 2 gig ram 120 gig hd Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz Cache L2 - 512 KB Data Bus Speed 533 MHz Chipset Type Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950 10.1 inch monitor upgraded it...