Windows 10: Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is possibly not a Windows 10 question but I hope you can help. I am trying to setup live streaming for the local church during this period of lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sigurd, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Sigurd Win User

Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10

This is possibly not a Windows 10 question but I hope you can help.
    I am trying to setup live streaming for the local church during this period of lock down due to Covid. I have a trial system working from home using my laptop or PC so no problem with that aspect.
    I have been given an Acer Aspire 5720 to use in the church for this purpose. Currently running Windows 7 -
    I know that I can't update it to Windows 10 (or can I?) but I do have a Windows 8.1 disk I could use.
    There is an additional problem with the Acer in that the admin account is password protected and the password is not known.
    I can get into BIOS and set CD as boot disk but of course password issue blocks me going further.
    Any help appreciated.

:)

Sigurd, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( Acer Aspire 5560, 5560G Notebook Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Notebook Drivers ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 23, 2021
  4. goldy Win User

acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

acer aspire one d 150 netbook
    2 gig ram 120 gig hd
    Processor / Chipset

• CPU
      Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz
    • Cache
      L2 - 512 KB
    • Data Bus Speed
      533 MHz
    • Chipset Type
      Mobile Intel 945GSE Express
      Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950
      10.1 inch monitor

upgraded it from original xp to windows 7 home 32 bit then to windows 10.
      went to w10 without a hitch though I lost my Vice program (commodore 64/128 emulator)
      I expected hardware issues but every thing looks good. It is actually slightly faster and more responsive
      then the upgrade my other acer 722 which has 64 bit pro and 8 gigs memory.
      I was planning to put mint Linux on this little one but decided to see if it upgrade to w10 .
      well it surprised me.

goldy, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrading an ACER Aspire 5720 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading ACER Aspire

2. Installing windows 11 upgrade on a windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 11 upgrade on a windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop: I keep getting the error code 0x800705b4 when trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I believe I have the system requirements, but maybe something is not enabled. Can someone guide me through the process of the installation?...
  3. Installing windows 11 upgrade on a windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 11 upgrade on a windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop: I keep getting the error code 0x800705b4 when trying to upgrade to Windows 11. I believe I have the system requirements, but maybe something is not enabled. Can someone guide me through the process of the installation?...
  4. Installing windows 11 upgrade on a windows 10 Acer Aspire laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  6. Acer Aspire S7 191 - Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Acer Aspire S7 191 - Trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi Guys, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 on an Acer Aspire S7 191 ultrabook however am running into issues with the install freezing at various stages 2%, 16%, 13% no matter how I try to install windows 10 via USB or from the Windows 8 os Have tried all...
  7. Screen blurry since upgrading to Windows 10 on Acer Aspire X1800.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blurry since upgrading to Windows 10 on Acer Aspire X1800.: Screen is blurry on my Acer LCD monitor since upgrading to Windows 10 on Acer Aspire X1800. I did download the driver upgrade and that might have been the problem. Acer site shows no support for this computer. I am unable to change the resolution from 1280 x 1024 because...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade on Acer Aspire E15 keyboard keys not working

Windows 10 upgrade on Acer Aspire E15 keyboard keys not working: Since updates have been installed as part of maintenance Windows 10, some keys on the keyboard will no longer work? Is there a fix for this, I've already tried updating installed drivers and it tells me they are up to date....
  9. Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G

Unable to Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Acer Aspire V5-573G: I have Aspire V5-573G, which has all hardware requirements for Windows 10. The problem is when I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to 10 after 30%, the installation stops and roll backs to windows 8.1, I tried this 3 times and fed up. It gave me error "The installion failed...
  10. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fresh install win10 on aspire 5720