Windows 10: Upgrading an M2 SSD

Discus and support Upgrading an M2 SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjproc, Jul 1, 2020.

1. bjproc Win User

Upgrading an M2 SSD

My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD

I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with me directing most downloads, saving etc to my D drive.

so all i need is a M2 converter to USB and use a disc clone program to copy my drive and install?

:)

bjproc, Jul 1, 2020

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Jul 1, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Hi The

If you can connect both M2's to your system then you can clone the old Ms onto the new one - most systems do not have a second M2 port - you should check to see if that is possible . . .

If you can connect both drives to your system then the free version of Macrium Reflect would be a good choice to perform the cloning . ..

If you cannot connect both drives, then you will be unable to clone the old drive and your only choice will be to backup your data and clean install Windows 10 onto the new M2 SSD

DaveM121, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Upgrading an M2 SSD

Ssd m2 на ноутбук Asus GL752VW

Всем привет, купил сегодня ssd m2 Samsung 970 EVO на 250 гб

Поставил в ноутбук, но он не отображается в BIOSE и в управление дисков

Смотрел гайды не один не помог ssd m2 с ключом M

Какие есть решение? Биус обновленный до последний версии

ДмитрийRS, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading an M2 SSD

1. Upgrading an M2 SSD - Similar Threads - Upgrading SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  6. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

9. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  10. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...