Windows 10: Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way

Discus and support Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Having the various screens delay a long time without any activity. The screen MAKING SURE YOU ARE READY TO INSTALL has run for over 8 hours now, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeanKleinhans, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way

Having the various screens delay a long time without any activity. The screen MAKING SURE YOU ARE READY TO INSTALL has run for over 8 hours now, just spinning it's little icon. Is this going to finish or it is reasonable to assume it has failed and will eventually time out?

:)

DeanKleinhans, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2020
  3. 64K
    64K Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

4. Mussels Win User

Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way

1. Upgrading an older Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 and delays along the way - Similar Threads - Upgrading older laptop

2. Can I Still Upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Still Upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: I have a recent model Windows 11 laptop, but I want to upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to Windows 10. When I click the link for "Get Windows 10" on the Microsoft Upgrade page it auto redirects to Windows 11 upgrade page. This older PC does not have TPM 2.0...
  3. Can I Still Upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I Still Upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10?: I have a recent model Windows 11 laptop, but I want to upgrade an older PC from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 to Windows 10. When I click the link for "Get Windows 10" on the Microsoft Upgrade page it auto redirects to Windows 11 upgrade page. This older PC does not have TPM 2.0...
  4. older laptop with windows 7 and going to 10 or scratch it and read below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    older laptop with windows 7 and going to 10 or scratch it and read below: upgrade to windows 10 or buy a new unit with it burned in. Mainly for getting to google drive and changing power point and general surfing. Has windows 7 edition, 64 bit path, 4 Ram, 512 GBhd, 15.5 inch screen. HEavy as hell. Should I upgrade to Windows 10, or can I? I...
  5. Older PC with Windows 7 Pro, Need to upgrade to Windows 10

Older PC with Windows 7 Pro, Need to upgrade to Windows 10: Hello, I am using a Dell PC with Operation System 7 Pro. I need to upgrade to Windows 10. Surfing the net, I read that I need to reformat my “C” hard drive. I have all my data/photos on several external 1TB hard drives. However, on my “C” drive are all the software; like an...
  6. win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 and older systems upgrading from win 7: What is going on with these latest win 10 updates? First it was my laptop, now its my desktop. It seems that win 10 is making older systems experience various problems. Drivers are getting code 12; because they need updating for win 10. Because of this I have had to go back...
  7. Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Older Hardware Windows 10 or 7: I have a dell e6500 latitude just using it for general use, currently running windows 10 1903 see attachment for specs would guys recommended downgrading to 7 or sticking with 10 will i see a significant improvement if not ill stick with 10 132361
  8. Windows 10 upgrade messed up and no way of reverting to 7

Windows 10 upgrade messed up and no way of reverting to 7: Just "upgraded" to Windows 10 from 7. These are the items that I have found so far which no longer work. 1. Network adapter missing - so no network of internet connection 2. Video and audio devices missing as well as PCI components I ran Scannow and apparently some files...
  9. Install Windows 10 along side Windows 7, keeping Windows 7 activated

Install Windows 10 along side Windows 7, keeping Windows 7 activated: Hello All, I currently have a PC running Windows 7 that I would like to install Windows 10 on in order to try it out and see how it performs. I want to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10, along with Linux Mint, which I plan to install last. My question is concerning...
  10. Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

Delaying Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade: I find reinstalling the operating system to be a hassle that should be postponed until system instability arises. I would like to postpone upgrading Windows for as long as possible. A window has come up titled "Get Windows 10" and it's talking about reserving and...