Windows 10: Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

Discus and support Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having oem windows 10 home laptopsoftware pre installed by the laptop manufacturer, I am thinking to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, in feature I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kolakalapudisaileshreddy, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

I am having oem windows 10 home laptopsoftware pre installed by the laptop manufacturer, I am thinking to upgrade to windows 10 Pro, in feature I think to downgrade to old ome windows 10 home can I use old oem product keyproduct key pre activated by my laptop manufacturer.

:)

kolakalapudisaileshreddy, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro

1. Upgrading and downgrading windows 10 home to pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading downgrading home

2. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  3. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  4. Windows 10 pro to home downgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro to home downgrade: When i initially bought my laptop, it had windows 10 home installed and activated by a digital key(i had paid for it). But a few days earlier, my laptop got stuck in a kind of bootloop. To get it repaired i gave my laptop to the retailer who deleted the windows 10 home, and...
  5. Downgrade windows 10 pro to home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade windows 10 pro to home: I recently upgraded from windows 10 home to pro but now i want to revert it and before upgrade i made a system image so can it revert my changes and my old licence of home edition ?...
  6. Windows 10 pro upgrade/downgrade

Windows 10 pro upgrade/downgrade: I recently purchased a new laptop installed with Windows 10 Home. I have a spare key for Windows 10 Pro that I purchased for the next time I build a new desktop my spouse will be using my old desktop when I upgrade so I wouldn't be able to transfer that license, but for the...
  7. downgrade pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade pro to home: i tried to downgrade my pro to home single which was first there on my laptop using usb flashdrive media creation tool is giving error i aldready have that oem product key mounted on my motherboard ....
  8. Downgrade windows Pro to home

Downgrade windows Pro to home: I have installed windows 10 pro version 1803(i.e. not genuine) which is not activating as I have licence for windows 10 home single language edition . so, i ran troubleshooter and the troubleshooter told me that i have digital code for windows 10 home single language can I...
  9. Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale

Upgrading home to pro, then later downgrading to home for sale: I am planning on buying new laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home edition preinstalled. After that I plan on upgrading the windows to Pro version. To my understanding I just buy the upgrade key and that is it. However, most likely in next 2-3 years, I would buy new...
  10. Windows 10 pro downgraded to home

Windows 10 pro downgraded to home: One of our laptops have a watermark for activating Windows. The troubleshooter told me I have to fill in a home license. Thats strange because it is a 10 pro laptop. He downgraded itself? On Google I found out it was a bug of Microsoft and it should be fixed. But not...