Windows 10: Upgrading and Downgrading

Discus and support Upgrading and Downgrading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Will I ruin my pc if I upgrade to windows 11 and downgrade it to windows 10 30mins after installing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GoofyGuy1697, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Upgrading and Downgrading

Will I ruin my pc if I upgrade to windows 11 and downgrade it to windows 10 30mins after installing?

:)

GoofyGuy1697, Aug 15, 2022
  2. karel Win User

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Aug 15, 2022
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Aug 15, 2022
  4. swarfega Win User

Upgrading and Downgrading

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Upgrading and Downgrading

1. Upgrading and Downgrading - Similar Threads - Upgrading Downgrading

2. upgrade new downgrade win on old??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade new downgrade win on old??: i bought a new lenovo laptop to replace my old work lenovo the old unit has windows11 pro on it and i would like to cvonvert the new lenovo which comes with win 11 home to the pro and downgrade to win 11 home and take my win 11 pro off of it and put on the new laptop can this...
  3. upgrade new downgrade win on old??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade new downgrade win on old??: i bought a new lenovo laptop to replace my old work lenovo the old unit has windows11 pro on it and i would like to cvonvert the new lenovo which comes with win 11 home to the pro and downgrade to win 11 home and take my win 11 pro off of it and put on the new laptop can this...
  4. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  5. Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO

Upgraded Windows 11 Home to PRO and want to downgrade to 10 PRO: Is this even possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-windows-11-home-to-pro-and-want-to/b5f844c3-31c1-4a57-acca-ffaaae510327
  6. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  7. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade: My home computer is running Windows 10 Education using a product code I was given for free in college. It's fine enough, but I'd like to fully switch to a home-use edition such as Pro. The documentation for changing editions regarding Education is confusing to me, so I'm not...
  8. Windows 10 Education Upgrade/Downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i downgrade my bios?speaker is no more working after an upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i downgrade my bios?speaker is no more working after an upgrade.: Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-my-biosspeaker-is-no-more/b25245c8-7547-44a2-991b-b25b127ee214
  10. How do i downgrade my bios?speaker is no more working after an upgrade.

How do i downgrade my bios?speaker is no more working after an upgrade.: Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade-my-biosspeaker-is-no-more/b25245c8-7547-44a2-991b-b25b127ee214