Windows 10: Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update?

Discus and support Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been reading about builds in regards to Windows 10. For example, Windows 10 build 19041 or higher. I currently have OS Build18362.900. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10userJM, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update?

I've been reading about builds in regards to Windows 10. For example, Windows 10 build 19041 or higher.

I currently have OS Build18362.900. I am pretty familiar with Windows, but I'm having a brain fart in terms of builds. Are builds a "version" of Windows or are they based on updates? In other words, can updates upgrade the build or in order to have a higher build, do I have to upgrade to another version of Windows 10? I currently have 10 Home.

I just checked before writing this post to see if there were any updates available, and my system is up to date currently.

Thanks!

-Jordan

:)

win10userJM, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Windows 10 RTM/Build 10240 now available for Insiders

Insiders in the fast and slow rings are now being distributed the latest Windows 10 RTM (build 10240).

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

But for those wanting to expedite the upgrade, and/or download the latest build in iso form, it can be downloaded for free from the following link.

http://getintopc.com/softwares/oper...-pro-build-10240-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/

Don't forget to check out the activation steps found here:

Spoiler slmgr /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato

Windows 10 Enterprise - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43B8YKP-D69TJ
    Windows 10 Home - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    Windows 10 Professional - W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX

use the key you need for the build and run those lines in cmd to activate

activation
    I suggest running those commands as administrator. Just in case.

Enjoy!

MrGenius, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update?

1. Upgrading "Build" of Windows 10...just an update? - Similar Threads - Upgrading Build update

2. So I just upgraded to Windows 10 Build Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.928 and Feedback Hub is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So I just upgraded to Windows 10 Build Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.928 and Feedback Hub is...: I am having crashing problems with Feedback Hub App, tried to report problems with Disk cleaner being slow to run , windows update is trying to install 2021-05 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems, feedback hub loads but under Choose a...
  3. Just updated to windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just updated to windows 10.: A few days ago I updated to Windows 10 my computer was working fine. today When I turned it on, during the boot up start screen it starts to go white and starts to blink. Sometimes I will receive a pop up with SIhost.exe system warning. I need some help trying to fix it....
  4. Just updated to Windows 10

Just updated to Windows 10: Hello, redditros! I recently changed my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I have a few problems. Firstly, when I open the Microsoft Store app and try to download an app, it says my device isnt compatible with this version of the app. I tried different things I found on...
  5. Just Updated Windows 10 build 1909... Should I be worried?!?

Just Updated Windows 10 build 1909... Should I be worried?!?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Azure_Draco [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dwkfzv/just_updated_windows_10_build_1909_should_i_be/
  6. windows 10 build update

windows 10 build update: I am currently running the 10240 build. I have tried several times to update to the latest build but every time i do, windows duplicates devices, or triples them, and causes half of my devices to stop working, like the internet, saying it has run out of resources. so i ave to...
  7. Windows Update Error After upgrading Windows 10 to Build 1809

Windows Update Error After upgrading Windows 10 to Build 1809: Hi, Recently I updated my Windows 10 to Build 1809 October Fall Creators Update in month of November after re-release of update package. But since then I am not able to check updates on TATA Photon Internet connection. The Windows Update says "Not connected to...
  8. Win 10 Build Upgrade

Win 10 Build Upgrade: Hi, we have windows 10,1511 build version,I want to upgrade the build to version 1703 without formatting the system,, Tell me the possible solutions for this or tell me the exact windows patch to upgrade the same !...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393: when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe". I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade. 65042
  10. Build updates for W10 upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build updates for W10 upgrades: I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wonder if Microsoft intends to update the W10 upgrades in the same manner that the TP versions are. Insiders using the TP generally look forward to a new build even though it is disruptive, I can do a fresh install of W7 faster....