Windows 10: Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have win 7 pro in our organization which is legitimate and we want to upgrade them to windows 10 pro , is that option available at this point ? If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Pongen, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Pongen Win User

Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

We have win 7 pro in our organization which is legitimate and we want to upgrade them to windows 10 pro , is that option available at this point ? If so, how do we upgrade them to windows 10 ? Is that option available from wsus server or group policy ?

***Original title: Windows 7 pro upgrade query***

:)

Pongen, Jul 12, 2019

2. Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

I don't know if the initial upgrade on domain joined pc's was successfully addressed, but the gwx.exe will install Win 10 Pro on domain joined computers through Windows Updates.

KevinTyson, Jul 12, 2019
  3. jrsvndrbl Win User
    Domain Joined Windows 7/8.1 Pro Upgrades to Windows 10?

Thanks for this answer.

Using the local admin account, when upgrading a domain joined PC from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro, will it stay in the domain, or do I have to add the PC to the domain again after the upgrade?

jrsvndrbl, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro domain joined computers upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

I have about 5 Windows 7 Pro workstations with OEM license that I want to upgrade to Windows 10.

I have done many upgrades before, but only in machines that are not domain joined.

This 5 computers are domain joined.

Has anyone done this before? What do I have to do? I have read that I need to remove the computers from the domain, do the upgrade, and join the domain again after the upgrade is done.

We want to do the upgrade and keep the users files.

Thanks!

Carlos Sota, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro

1. Upgrading domain joined Windows 7 Pro PC's to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading domain joined

2. windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain: Hello,we tried all different ways through youtube videos that can fix this issue, but all don't work. i wonder if we need to reinstall windows 11 pro. please advise. Error msg "the network path cannot be found"....
  3. windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home upgrade to 11 pro. can't join a domain: Hello,we tried all different ways through youtube videos that can fix this issue, but all don't work. i wonder if we need to reinstall windows 11 pro. please advise. Error msg "the network path cannot be found"....
  4. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  5. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  8. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  9. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...
  10. Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup

Joining Win 10 pro to domains during PC setup: First off, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in the forums, so, apologies in advance. We're standardized in Windows 7 Pro in our LAN, and are preparing to roll out new replacement PC's with Win10 Pro. My question...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 pro was able to join the domain but cant log in to the domain