Windows 10: Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile Today, we’re pleased to begin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Cluster Head, Mar 16, 2016
  2. Phone Man Win User

Here is the list from MS.

Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]

Jim

:)

Phone Man, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Firmware

If the upgrade is available for your existing Windows Phone 8.1 device, you can install the upgrade when available. We're working with phone manufacturers and mobile operators to make Windows 10 Mobile available to supported Windows Phone 8.1 devices as
    an update.

To check if the upgrade is available for your phone and install the upgrade, go to the Store, install the Upgrade Advisor app, run the app to see if the update is available, and then select
    Enable Windows 10 upgrade.

Notes

The availability of Windows 10 Mobile as an upgrade for existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices will vary by device manufacturer, device model, country or region, mobile operator or service provider, hardware limitations, and other factors.

For a list of eligible phones and important info about the upgrade and Windows 10 Mobile, go to the
    Windows 10 Mobile specifications page.

Watch a
    short video
    about how to use the app to upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. For more info about the app, see

Upgrade Advisor app for Windows 10 Mobile

Because of the size of the update, a Wi-Fi Internet connection is required for download and installation.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Can I still update to Windows 10 for free - Nokia Lumia 520

I think Microsoft is still work on it.

If the upgrade is available for your existing Windows Phone 8.1 device, you can install the upgrade when available. We're working with phone manufacturers and mobile operators to make Windows 10 Mobile available to supported
    Windows Phone 8.1 devices as an update.

DennyKurniawan, Mar 16, 2016
  5. werty Win User
    *Party*Party*Party My Lumia 730 is on the list and I`ve just checked with UpgradeAdvisor and it teld me that the upgrade is available for my phone. Very excited about the upgrade.

werty, Mar 16, 2016
  6. KeithR Win User
    I have a Lumia 635 8gb which doesn't appear to be on the list though the 1gb version is. Does this mean that I will never get the upgrade? Or is it a phased roll-out with other models being included later?

KeithR, Mar 17, 2016
  7. banger Win User
    530 not lister will it be listed later?

banger, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Cluster Head, Mar 17, 2016
  9. ARC1020 Win User
    No it won't be getting it, despite the Lumia 635 (512MB) Microsoft Store listing stating "Free upgrade to Windows 10 when available".

I posted a screenshot in the other thread, so no point in posting it twice. Here's the link:
    Windows 10 Mobile Official Launch - Insider Impacts

ARC1020, Mar 17, 2016
  10. badrobot Win User
    Should I get it? Is it ready for primetime?

This is from the Upgrade Advisor App (on Lumia 1520).

badrobot, Mar 17, 2016
  11. Still waiting for the roll out on my Lumia 640 in NZ but will be great when it becomes available *Biggrin.

ellellell1, Mar 17, 2016
  12. Microsoft: One More Windows Phone Could Be Supported by Windows 10 Mobile
    Lumia Icon support is under consideration, it says

Cluster Head, Mar 18, 2016
  13. Phone Man Win User

I have an Icon and ran the Update Advisor and it gave me a similar message.

Jim *cry

Phone Man, Mar 18, 2016
  14. derekimo Win User
    You could try this Jim, I didn't feel like waiting and I saw that Dusty had the same idea when I came online, join the insider and let it upgrade then leave the program,

derekimo, Mar 18, 2016
  15. badrobot Win User
    I read about it and it doesn't seem too bad so I took it.
    I had a couple of icons missing afterwards but not the ones that I care about. I immediately tested if I can make a call and tested my favorite apps and everything works okay.
    The favorite folder on photo app is gone so the icon only shows random recent photos or you can pick just one photo to display. I sent a feedback to bring the favorite (photo) folder back.
    The first update took about half an hour to install.
    Well, it's nice.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Upgrading existing Phone

2. devices: mobile phones in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    devices: mobile phones in Win10: so, unsure which sub-forum to mention these issues can't get win 10 to detect my alcaltel phone pixi 3.5 can't therefore use USB tethering 25567
  3. Microsoft: Windows 10 upgrades for Lumia Windows Phone 8

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 upgrades for Lumia Windows Phone 8: Microsoft has spoken extensively about its plans for Windows 10 on PCs and tablets, but what is not yet completely clear is exactly what the phone side of things will look like. We've known for a while that Microsoft plans to consolidate Windows RT and Windows Phone into a...
  4. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...
  5. Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB connection. It also provides...
  6. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  7. Microsoft Preparing Windows 10 Mobile 10586 Upgrade for Windows Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Preparing Windows 10 Mobile 10586 Upgrade for Windows Phone: Microsoft Preparing Windows 10 Mobile 10586 Upgrade for Windows Phone Devices There’s still no word on the release date, though Windows 10 Mobile is expected to debut sometime this month, according to previous reports, but Microsoft still remains tight-lipped on any...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Already Running on 1 Million Phones: The final OS is projected to launch in the coming weeks [img] Microsoft has recently revealed that Windows 10 was running on 200 million devices across the world, explaining that adoption of the new operating system goes much better than it did in the case of...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Coming To Existing Devices In December

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Coming To Existing Devices In December: The information comes from a post on Microsoft’s Lumia Facebook page (that you can see above) where a user asked when their Lumia 640 would be updated and someone from Microsoft responded with December. Of course, we don’t know what day during that month and if that means all...
  10. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same...