Windows 10: Upgrading from a foreign ISP

Discus and support Upgrading from a foreign ISP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a US registered computer OS (Win 8.1), but I am living abroad and using a foreign ISP for my connectivity. I am concerned about what version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peter1nmx, Aug 5, 2015.

1. peter1nmx Win User

Upgrading from a foreign ISP

I have a US registered computer OS (Win 8.1), but I am living abroad and using a foreign ISP for my connectivity. I am concerned about what version of Windows will be downloaded for the free upgrade to Win10. Anybody know?

:)

peter1nmx, Aug 5, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

N96 Email Problem

Because your ISP only relays mail sent from IP addresses within its network (antispam measure). When you're out and about, your phone is connected to your mobile network operator's systems, so from your ISP's point of view, it looks like Vodafone is trying
    to send mail through them.

Ask if your ISP allows SMTP AUTH. If it does, that should enable "foreign" IP addresses to relay mail through their systems.

grschinon, Aug 5, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Do I or Dont I

Did you look at the address of the sender? Usually this is the key to not clicking an a link in an email.

If it has some letters past the .con or .net it may be from a foreign country and be a hacker or virus.

Every once in a while I get an email that says my inbox is full and click here to fix. I look at the sender and it is not from my ISP or Mail site. It is from some person with a strange address. It get put into trash right away and trash is emptied.

lacrumb, Aug 5, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

You will get the upgrade to whatever version you already have installed.

z3r010, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading from a foreign ISP - Similar Threads - Upgrading foreign ISP

2. IP addresses foreign.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP addresses foreign.: How to remove foreign IP addresses plus block them from getting back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-addresses-foreign/e73044bc-15ce-4d25-b29b-61a051181c15"
  3. Receiving email messages from Microsoft in Foreign language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Receiving email messages from Microsoft in Foreign language: Hello, I just switch to windows from Mac, I registered my windows 10 account stating that English was my language. However, when I receive emails from Microsoft they are in a foreign language. What must I do to receive email in English as I registered in my profile? I live...
  4. I Was Issued a Warning from My ISP

in Windows 10 Support
    I Was Issued a Warning from My ISP: I was issued a warning from my ISP about downloading content. If I switch to a free, unsecured network (which I found from an apartment in my building) that uses a different ISP will I still get in trouble by my ISP? 126969
  5. Foreign Device Intruder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Foreign Device Intruder: I have had 2 intrusions into my Windows 10 PC in the last week, both around 10pm and both identified as a phone device by my computer, past my firewalls, password, and named as Car-4e4b. The last 4 characters are of the hardware Mac Address. I've seen this exact same device...
  6. foreign upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    foreign upgrade: just curious as to why the update has not come along im currently at 1803 but nothing has updated in Singapore at the moment but should be reg in Bremerton WA USA WT* 123061
  7. Foreign IP addresses

Foreign IP addresses: I keep getting calls about how I have foreign IP addresses on my computer. They tell me how to look and I do see them......... But when they want to get on my computer that is a Big NO. How would I get rid of the foreign IP addresses myself??? Thanks for any help Deb...
  8. Automatic Sync Successful from Foreign Country

Automatic Sync Successful from Foreign Country: I'm worried about my account security and I would like to know if it's possible to protect my account better, or should I start a new account? What is the best solution to this problem?...
  9. The ISP in the middle riddle

The ISP in the middle riddle: Dear Mystere, i move the discussion here if you don't mind because I think we were off topic... Your ISP can monitor everything you do on the internet. Actually, yes. Your ISP can still spy on you. There's something called a transparent proxy server that the ISP...
  10. Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Foreign Windows: Want English display, but keep foreign keyboard: I have a Swedish Windows 10 on my PC with an English language pack. However, this means that on start-up, my keyboard layout is also set to English. Is there a way to keep my Windows display language on English, but have the keyboard layout stay on Swedish by default at the...