Windows 10: Upgrading from a foreign ISP

Discus and support Upgrading from a foreign ISP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a US registered computer OS (Win 8.1), but I am living abroad and using a foreign ISP for my connectivity. I am concerned about what version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peter1nmx, Aug 5, 2015.

1. peter1nmx Win User

Upgrading from a foreign ISP

I have a US registered computer OS (Win 8.1), but I am living abroad and using a foreign ISP for my connectivity. I am concerned about what version of Windows will be downloaded for the free upgrade to Win10. Anybody know?

:)

peter1nmx, Aug 5, 2015
  2. grschinon Win User

N96 Email Problem

Because your ISP only relays mail sent from IP addresses within its network (antispam measure). When you're out and about, your phone is connected to your mobile network operator's systems, so from your ISP's point of view, it looks like Vodafone is trying
    to send mail through them.

Ask if your ISP allows SMTP AUTH. If it does, that should enable "foreign" IP addresses to relay mail through their systems.

grschinon, Aug 5, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Do I or Dont I

Did you look at the address of the sender? Usually this is the key to not clicking an a link in an email.

If it has some letters past the .con or .net it may be from a foreign country and be a hacker or virus.

Every once in a while I get an email that says my inbox is full and click here to fix. I look at the sender and it is not from my ISP or Mail site. It is from some person with a strange address. It get put into trash right away and trash is emptied.

lacrumb, Aug 5, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

You will get the upgrade to whatever version you already have installed.

z3r010, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgrading from a foreign ISP - Similar Threads - Upgrading foreign ISP

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    isp: Hi Iam getting a new mobile hotspot device do they all come with memory and ram also what does no throttling mean is 1 GB ram good AND 2G memory good Thank you Timmy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/9ef42ed4-059b-4d24-aec9-f6171f29e580
  6. Moving ISP Webmail to another ISP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving ISP Webmail to another ISP: We are changing our ISP to another ISP. If all emails are in Microsoft Outlook 2003 already, will they still be there after the switch. And, how do I copy all contacts from webmail ISP to Microsoft Outlook 2003?...
  7. ISP QUESTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ISP QUESTION: ISP Question – I use Windows 10 and AOL as my ISP. When signing ON to AOL, there is a considerate time lag before AOL’s Welcome page appears. I have seen on Google Search, others seem to have the same issue. All other browsers work fine. With the help of other...
  8. Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default language from foreign in the foreign language Window setting: I added language extensions yesterday. My system is now displaying a foreign language that I cannot read. I want to change the Default language, but I cannot execute the instructions because I cannot read page in the foreign language. Please help....
  9. foreign upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    foreign upgrade: just curious as to why the update has not come along im currently at 1803 but nothing has updated in Singapore at the moment but should be reg in Bremerton WA USA WT* 123061
  10. Automatic Sync Successful from Foreign Country

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic Sync Successful from Foreign Country: I'm worried about my account security and I would like to know if it's possible to protect my account better, or should I start a new account? What is the best solution to this problem?...