Windows 10: Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

Discus and support Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, in a small school we're using some laptops which are running Windows 10 Pro 1909, on machines sporting a CPU with Passmark index of 2000, 8GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by R1ck, Jun 21, 2021.

1. R1ck Win User

Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

Hi there, in a small school we're using some laptops which are running Windows 10 Pro 1909, on machines sporting a CPU with Passmark index of 2000, 8GB and SSD. So far, performance is fair. In your opinion, would it make sense to upgrade machines to later builds, or will this make performance worst, on machines whose performance is borderline?

:)

2. Win 10 Professional build 10240.16590 will not update to latest build?

I have the following: Win 10 Professional build 10240.16590 and it will not update to latest build?

I've checked the Windows updater, I get security patches, but the OS won't update.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,

Macroweb

Macroweb(2), Jun 21, 2021
  3. Roymg1 Win User
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one:

1. Upgrades to Windows 10
    2. THEN performs a system restore
    ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7?

If it Does revert back to an earlier version, what will the user need to do to get back to Windows 10?

Roymg1, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

1. Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts - Similar Threads - Upgrading earlier builds

2. Will using the Windows upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest Win 10 Pro from an old Win 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will using the Windows upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest Win 10 Pro from an old Win 10...: Hi, basically what the question says. I want to fix this Windows installation that I've had for 5 years and with plenty of unexpected shut-downs, its no surprise Windows has slowed down and I'm assuming is near to going corrupt. I just want a hassle free fix for it without...
  3. Will using the Windows upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest Win 10 Pro from an old Win 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will using the Windows upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest Win 10 Pro from an old Win 10...: Hi, basically what the question says. I want to fix this Windows installation that I've had for 5 years and with plenty of unexpected shut-downs, its no surprise Windows has slowed down and I'm assuming is near to going corrupt. I just want a hassle free fix for it without...
  4. Will using the Windows upgrade tool to upgrade to the latest Win 10 Pro from an old Win 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upgrading from earlier Win 10 builds to latest - Performance thoughts: Hi there, in a small school we're using some laptops which are running Windows 10 Pro 1909, on machines sporting a CPU with Passmark index of 2000, 8GB and SSD. So far, performance is fair. In your opinion, would it make sense to upgrade machines to later builds, or will this...
  6. Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Controller and Win 10 latest build ..: can someone help me out of this situation .. after latest update my controller cannot attached with my laptop .. in drivers it shown unknown device I pickup the xbox drivers but yellow icon changed to ? icon drivers not supported .. same controller on my second laptop with...
  7. Win 10 latest build won't hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 latest build won't hibernate: Hello again! I reinstalled an older version of win 10 and then upgraded it to the latest version. I did not check to see if the older version I installed in the first place could hibernate, but after upgrading to latest version, my win 10 won't hibernate. I looked for...
  8. Win 10 Build Upgrade

Win 10 Build Upgrade: Hi, we have windows 10,1511 build version,I want to upgrade the build to version 1703 without formatting the system,, Tell me the possible solutions for this or tell me the exact windows patch to upgrade the same !...
  9. How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build: Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not...
  10. Unable to upgrade to latest Win 10 build from existing 1607 build.

Unable to upgrade to latest Win 10 build from existing 1607 build.: Can anyone give me any clues as to why the update to the latest Windows 10 build fails. My PC goes through the update route, downloads to image, prepares the image, installs the image to 100%, then fails and gives the message "Restoring your previous version of Windows". (no...