Windows 10: Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by enigma1944, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Aug 16, 2020
  2. peterjax Win User

W8.1 pro upgrades to W10 Home

My laptop, running W8.1 pro was upgraded to W10, but the version is W10 Home. How can I revert back to W10 Pro? Why did it not upgrade to W10 Pro initially?

peterjax, Aug 16, 2020
  3. why there is just one way to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro?

You can purchase a full license key, but keep in mind, the full retail license for Windows 10 Pro is more expensive than the $99 upgrade through the Store.

Step 1: Purchase license for Windows 10 Pro, then receive your key:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Perform an Easy Upgrade using the key:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

1. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading W10 Home

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?

W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled with an image. I upgraded my Home version to Windows 10 Pro. I may need to "recover" my Windows 10 Pro installation. However, I want to be prepared. Based on the Windows 10 Recovery options, will it recover my Windows from...
  6. Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home

Pronlem with W10 Pro Upgrade from Home: I bought W10 Pro. Install failed. I spoke to someone in Live Chat who assured me that the fix provided would work. It didn't. When I try to use the Live chat now the old conversation is still there but no one is listening. I have a cryptic hex code for the error and brief...
  7. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  8. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  9. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....
  10. Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...

Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...: Hi all, Done a fair bit of searching and my problem seems to be fairly unique. Long story short, I had W10 Home installed, formatted and installed an unused copy of W7 Pro, used the W10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to W10 again expecting to then have W10 Pro, but it still...