Windows 10: Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

Discus and support Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-MarkOfCain-, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

Hey guys,

I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times quite necessary.

However, I cannot find the price for the upgrade. I follow the articles online:

Settings -> Updates and Security > Activation.

And when I click the link to open Windows Store.. it offers me directly to UPGRADE and I cannot see any price for how much I need to pay for the upgrade.

Worst thing would be that I upgrade and then it will ask me to purchase new digital license which costs XX EUR.

If it matters, I own a Digital License and not a Production Key for Win10 Home.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/-MarkOfCain-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-MarkOfCain-, Mar 20, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMUpgrading from Win10 Home to Pro :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

1. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Win10 Home

2. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  3. Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro

Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro: Hello there,I got a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 oem home installed, and I want to upgrade it to retail pro through key I've purchased.Which is better: To just apply the upgrade or do clean install? Or it doesn't matter?Thank you...
  4. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  5. Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro on my HDD. I bought a new SSD today and I install Windows 10. When I logged in with my Microsoft account It says "Windows 10 Home Single Language" under Activation Tab. How can I use my existing Windows 10 Pro key on my New SSD? Have a nice day!...
  6. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  7. After successful upgrade of Win10 from Home to Pro ...

After successful upgrade of Win10 from Home to Pro ...: ... I am running out of space on my C:/ drive only 10.5 GB free out of 108GB. Since the upgrade was successful, is it safe for me to now delete the folder "Windows10Upgrade" and all of its sub-folders?...
  8. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  9. Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.

Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro.: Just bought upgrade from win10 home to win10 pro. I followed the directions and reinstalled but now I still have Win10 Home (and a bunch of missing drivers). How do I find my product key to redo the install of Win 10 Pro. I bought from within my Microsoft account that I have...
  10. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154