Windows 10: Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home

Discus and support Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to upgrade to Win10 Home. The instructions say to go to: Settings > Update & Security > Activation. When I go to Settings I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UnclebuckTV, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home

I am trying to upgrade to Win10 Home. The instructions say to go to: Settings > Update & Security > Activation.

When I go to Settings I don't have the "Update & Security" option. Where do I need to go?

:)

UnclebuckTV, Dec 6, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Upgrade WIN10?

Not directly. You will have to do two steps. First, purchase the Win 10 Pro Pack upgrade for $99 and upgrade your existing Windows 10 Home 32bit to Windows 10 Pro 32bit. Make sure you keep your Pro Pack upgrade key! Then if you want 64bit, you will have to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. There is no way to do an in place upgrade from 32bit to 64bit.

NavyLCDR, Dec 6, 2019
  3. 6185JGL Win User
    Upgrade WIN10?

I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit?

John

6185JGL, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home

Uppdate win10Home>Pro with OEM non upgrade key?

I work at a school and can't make the license purchase with credit card. It has to be through billing. Therefore I can't use the easy upgrade function for 99dollar.

I find reseller that offer OEM win10 pro productkey (ESD purchase) at good price, but some write that these productkeys can't be used to upgrade. They only work as new installation. Which I want to avoid. But on Microsoft community, I read a lot saying that
    it should be working without problem. Just choose "change productkey" within win10home and it will upgrade.

What should I do? Is there really win10proOEM productkeys that can't be used to upgrade? Waht do I have to choose to be sure that it will work?

PascalOlivier1, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home

1. Upgrading from Win10S to Win10Home - Similar Threads - Upgrading Win10S Win10Home

2. windows version back from Win10Pro to Win10Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows version back from Win10Pro to Win10Home: HelloPlease I need your help on this issue.Our User reset a device to attempt to wipe and restore, however they deleted all the devices partitions and this rolled the windows version back from Windows 10 Pro to Windows10 Home.Is there anyway to get the proper version that the...
  3. windows version back from Win10Pro to Win10Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows version back from Win10Pro to Win10Home: HelloPlease I need your help on this issue.Our User reset a device to attempt to wipe and restore, however they deleted all the devices partitions and this rolled the windows version back from Windows 10 Pro to Windows10 Home.Is there anyway to get the proper version that the...
  4. windows version back from Win10Pro to Win10Home

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  6. Switching from win10pro to win10home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from win10pro to win10home: Hi, I uninstalled windows a few years back, decided to come back. I installed windows 10, and couldn't remember if I used pro or home so I took a gamble. Seems I was wrong. I'd like to activate my OS but I chose the wrong version, is there a way to revert to home from pro...
  7. Win10Home and Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Home and Win10Pro: When I click on the link " Advanced display settings"at DISPLAY in Settings, I only get this top Screenshot 39.png but not that supposed Screenshot 7.pngbottom. I need to have this Screenshot 7.png because I can adjust bold text and a lot more things I want and absolutely it...
  8. upgrading from Win10Home to Pro issues

upgrading from Win10Home to Pro issues: so i decided to upgrade from my windows 10 Home édition to Pro which was itself upgraded from a GENUINE windows 8.1 with product key but as i was going through the setup which took over 5hours to process, i receive the message that my device isn't ready for this version of...
  9. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716