Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro...

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a re-furbished HP ProBook 6475b which came with with windows 10 for re-furbished computers installed by the Microsoft-Authorized re-furbisher.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardArmstrong2, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro...

I have a re-furbished HP ProBook 6475b which came with with windows 10 for re-furbished computers installed by the Microsoft-Authorized re-furbisher. It would not activate using that product key, so I had to use a key from a boxed retail version of windows 10 home edition, v.1709. It came originally with HP OEM Windows 7 Professional OA 64-bit pre-installed. Would it be possible to upgrade to windows 10 Pro doing a clean install using the product key for the HP OEM Windows 7 Professional?

:)

RichardArmstrong2, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro...

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home pre-installed for re-furbished computers to Windows 10 Pro... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home pre

2. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  3. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  4. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pre install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre install windows 10 pro: Hello Microsoft,I hope all is well with you all today!My company has some laptops that does not have windows 10 pro pre installed, its just regular windows 10. Is there way to pre install windows 10 without creating a local account before we hand laptops out to employees?...
  6. Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home

Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home: Would like to confirm if can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home? Is there any issue on this ? Laptop has windows 10 home pre-installed I purchased a windows 10 pro OEM license -As per sales I can't upgrade windows 10...
  7. Pre installed Windows 10 Home

Pre installed Windows 10 Home: Hello good morning, I am planning to purchase an HP notebook since I was looking for Free DOS Os, but I could not found one, all of them comes with a preinstalled Windows 10 Home, why they all comes with a home version why not with DOS, so...
  8. upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro

upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro: Hi I'm trying to upgrade a new laptop with pre installed Win10 Home to win10 Pro. I have a new physical copy of Win10 Pro with key that I scratched to get the key. I navigated to activation and change product key, entered the key into field and got error message. the...
  9. Windows 10 pro pre installed

Windows 10 pro pre installed: I want to double my ram from 8g to 16g will this cause a loss of my product key? Actually what modifications can i make without loosing the key? I have lost my key several times in the past on earlier versions of windows....
  10. Issue with re-upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Issue with re-upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, Recently I upgraded my Windows 10 Home (digital license) to Pro via the Store with no problems. However, due to some hardware problems I ended up having to reinstall Windows Home (I could not just install Pro directly for some reason). Install went fine and I activated...