Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education` in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trayus, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Trayus Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates.

Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes.

Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks.

:)

Trayus, Nov 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade through product key from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Student Edition

Your Windows 10 free upgrade was derived from a OEM Windows 8 license, which means it has not transfer rights. So, if you upgrade to Windows 10 Education, no, you cannot install Windows 10 Home on another device.

If you upgrade the system from Home to Education, the previous license still remains with the system, its just that its now running a full license for Windows 10 Education.

Learn how to upgrade from Home to Education:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 17, 2015
  3. JAdrianE. Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade through product key from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Student Edition

Thanks for a immediate reply sir, I just wanna ask another question, Once I am using the Windows 10 Education version which I got from Dreamspark(OntheHub.com), If I buy a new machine, can I uninstall my windows 10 Education key on my laptop and use it to activate
    my new machine, and will my old machine will be returned to Windows 10 Home Edition license from OEM. Thanks

JAdrianE., Nov 17, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Some driver or application incompatibility can be the problem. Before trying again, disable the antivirus, antimalware, firewall, disk utility, whatever might interfere with the process. Run msconfig, go to Services and check the box to hide all Microsoft services. Most of the others should be disabled (mostly updaters) just in case. Then click on the Startup tab and click to open Task Manager. Disable any non-important application (Slype, QTtask, Java etc). To make sure there is no device incompatibility, load Device Manager and disable any non-important device (audio, LAN, SATA/SCSI controller without devices attached, TV etc). Then try to upgrade again.

Important: Uncheck the box "Search to updates" and disconnect from the Internet. You can search for updates after successfully upgrading to Education.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    What do you mean
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education

What exactly are you trying to do.

Ztruker, Nov 18, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Probably trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education, as far as I understand.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  7. I've gone from Pro to Education. If you go to the System page, there is a "Change product key" option to the right of the Windows activation section. You click that, type in your Education key, and it upgrades you to Education. Then reboots and checks activation. You can go from Pro to Enterprise too. It's the equivalent to Windows 8's Add Features, just in a different place. No install media needed. All you need is a valid key.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education` - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Education`

2. Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational: I am trying to upgrade a laptop which previously was owned by the school and runs on Windows 10 educational.I have bought the computer from the school and have purchased product key from Microsoft website for windows 10 Home.The problem is i have tried a clean install of...
  3. Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational: I am trying to upgrade a laptop which previously was owned by the school and runs on Windows 10 educational.I have bought the computer from the school and have purchased product key from Microsoft website for windows 10 Home.The problem is i have tried a clean install of...
  4. Not able to upgrade to windows 10 home from windows 10 educational

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  6. Windows 11 home to education upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 home to education upgrade: Dear community members,I have a Windows 11 home notebook and wanted to install the Windows 11 Education version, which we received from our school.After installation of this version without any issues in Windows, the PC tries to boot the system but it can not.After that, the...
  7. upgrade from unactivated windows 10 education to windows 10 home ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade from unactivated windows 10 education to windows 10 home ?: I got windows 10 education unactivated installed onto my newly built computer as I had access to the product key from Microsoft Azure a few days ago, but now it's not available ? or not showing up on my student account anymore. Of course, now that I don't have a product key...
  8. 0xc004f050: Upgrade from Windows Education to Windows Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0xc004f050: Upgrade from Windows Education to Windows Home: My Windows Education license I got from my college ran out so I purchased from Microsoft a Microsoft Home key which only returns the "0xc004f050" error. I've entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" which worked but when I enter my key it still gives me the...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  10. How to upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 Home: Hello, I'm finally getting around to upgrading my pc from windows 10 education to Windows 10 home. I've purchased the product key and everything. However when in the Windows 10 setup gui it's recapping that it's going to install windows 10 education. I went ahead and went...