Windows 10: Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Discus and support Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kasalaba, Nov 24, 2020.

1. kasalaba Win User

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital licence.

How can't I upgrade from home to pro? I don't remember what I did with my account, but i did link my Microsoft account and i believe it did tell me that i have a digital licence.

:)

kasalaba, Nov 24, 2020
  2. AshKas Win User

upgrading windows with digital licence

I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate
    my digital licence on this computer it tells me the licence doesn't match this version. What do?

AshKas, Nov 24, 2020
  3. windows 10 pro 32 bit digital licence to 64 bit windows 10 pro?

I have Windows 10 pro 32 bit digital licence. Can I upgrade to 64 bit Windows 10 pro with digital licence (since it's a free upgrade)?

NarsimluLingampeta, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have only a digital licence for Win 10 Home.

Microsoft say

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

There appears to be no way to purchase or obtain a DIGITAL licence from Microsoft - only a product with a licence.

So how can I obtain a DIGITAL licence?

that is the question ( thanks to Shakespaear)

I don't appear to have a digital Pro licence, otherwise I would expect it to appear on my MS Account. It is exceedingly frustrating, but I suppose that it is all part of the fun.

JohnStorey11, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

1. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence. - Similar Threads - Upgrading home pro

2. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  3. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  4. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  6. Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I acquire an old Windows 10 Pro digital licence?: I had a Dell laptop that I performed a free upgrade to Windows 10 on. I was on Windows 7 pro so I got Windows 10 pro. That laptop suddenly stopped working one day. I now have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home, but I want the features of the pro version on it. Is there any way...
  7. Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.

Windows 10 Pro purchased but reinstalls only home. No licence key or digital licence.: I bought Windows 10 Pro 2 years ago and at the time on that computer it worked as an in-situ upgrade without issues. Ive since had to change computers and reinstall and it doesn't seem to exist any more. The windows install is the OEM supplied Win10 home. When i attempt...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry

Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence Enquiry: Recently I've started to upgrade my office's PCs & laptops OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've used the Windows 7 Pro OEM product key that comes with the PC or laptop to activate the Windows 10 Pro installed & the activation was successful :- Activation...
  9. upgrading windows with digital licence

upgrading windows with digital licence: I recently got a new computer. I have a digital licence for windows 10 pro on my old computer. I want to use that licence on my new computer however I have windows 10 home installed (and not activated) on the new computer. So when trying to activate my digital licence on this...
  10. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...