Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but what gets installed is Windows 10...

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but what gets installed is Windows 10... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by going through Settings -> Microsoft Store, and following prompts, and pay $99. I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tiwiw, May 30, 2019.

1. Tiwiw Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but what gets installed is Windows 10...

I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by going through Settings -> Microsoft Store, and following prompts, and pay $99. I have done this many times with our HP and Lenovo laptops, all with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. On this particular HP laptop (also which came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed), after following all steps and restarting few times, I'm not able to activate this Windows version. When looking closely, I'm surprised to see that the version that gets installed is Windows 10 Enterprise, and not Windows 10 Pro. Activation error code is 0x803F7001. I ran Activation Troubleshooter multiple times, but it says it can not resolve the problem. I browsed Microsoft sites and read all the troubleshooting information, but there does not seem to be resolution to this specific situation.

Please help. Any information would be helpful. I have IT background.

Thank you so much in advance!

:)

Tiwiw, May 30, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, May 30, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 30, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but what gets installed is Windows 10...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, but what gets installed is Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Pro

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 ProI purchased Windows 10 Pro product key and it tells me that it didn't work.What is the correct way to upgrade from Home to Pro?...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: So I've recently got myself a new PC and on my old PC I have a Windows 10 pro digital license.I've downloaded x y and z on my new pc without knowing I installed the wrong version of Windows Home version but my digital license is only good for Pro.How would I go about download...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Long time ago I have both Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Ulitimate, both CD version.Then back that time I have tried to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium -> Windows 10 Home,then did a clean install Windows 7 Ulitimate,then upgrade to Windows 10 Pro,so the same computer has...
  5. Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: When I tried to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro it's showing this error[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/0731ec8c-2fca-486a-96ab-044a94e55035
  6. upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Kindly be informed that we purchased product key for Windows 10 Pro 64 in order to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro, but when we try to change the product key always we got the following error: “ the product key you entered did not work. Check the...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: Is this an in place upgrade or a full version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-from-windows-10-home/ee3cefb7-753f-4b12-b548-fca9bb3e3b29
  8. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Will Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro retain the installed applications? Or will this require reinstalling all applications (software)?...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home. I paid $99 to buy Windows 10 Pro on the microsoft website. Where can I find my digital key? I can find the order number, but no digital key? Thank you, Joseph...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I am using a Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, now I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free? Need help...