Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ContinentalBattery, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?

:)

ContinentalBattery, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 24, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Nov 24, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Pro

2. Got Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Got Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro: I've purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. After purchase I tried to go through the upgrade but was getting error messages. I decided to restart my PC and see if it will fix these problems. Instead of fixing it I found that my Windows version got changed from Home...
  3. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...: I bought a key and proceeded to upgrade but I just ended up with enterprise, what do I do? I can't seem to find any support anything submitted by /u/thatfakeyeezyhustle [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  5. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition: Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise....
  6. Got Windows 10 1903 Enterprise instead of Pro

Got Windows 10 1903 Enterprise instead of Pro: Hi, Today I decided to upgrade my newly-installed Windows 10 1903 from Home to Pro. Having no idea how long it took, 10 minutes later, I logged in and ran to Control Panel. When i clicked 'System', I saw Windows 10 Enterprise. Thinking it was a mistake, I ran to Settings,...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  9. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM)

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise from Windows 10 Home(OEM): Hi All, I purchased a Laptop with Windows 10 Home, and now I want to upgrade to a server edition like Pro or Enterprise. Do I need to pay anything for that, or simply I can go and upgrade and use the same key? Regards Binoy...