Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an OEM version of Windows 10 home which was pre-installed on my computer. I also have a fully licenced version of Windows 7 professional, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SouthEssex, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk

I have an OEM version of Windows 10 home which was pre-installed on my computer. I also have a fully licenced version of Windows 7 professional, this is installed on a computer which is not capable of being upgraded to Windows 10; consequently it will no longe be used.

Is it possible to upgrade my Windows 10 home version to the professional version via my Windows 7 professional disk?

My current computer came with recovery versions of Windows 10 home on a its D drive and b on a USB stick.

If I can do the converison is it possible to download Windows 10 professional with all the current updates to a my computer and b my recovery media.

:)

SouthEssex, Mar 8, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Free ebook: Introducing Windows 10 for IT Professionals, Technical Overview

Everybody likes free!

Free ebook: Introducing Windows 10 for IT Professionals, Technical Overview

You can download direct here (Introducing Windows 10 for IT Professionals, Technical Overview) or go to the link above and click the download link there.

Quotes from page:

95Viper, Mar 8, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk

1. Upgrading from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Professional via a Windows 7 professional disk - Similar Threads - Upgrading home Professional

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10

Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10: My computer logs in with a local account and not an online account. While I had windows 7 Professional I would login with my fingerprint. After upgrading to Windows 10, when I scan my finger, I came to know that the system do not logged in with the help of fingerprint,...
  6. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...