Windows 10: upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

Discus and support upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Asad-Awan, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Asad-Awan Win User

upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software license terms error encountered". How do I fix it? My windows 10 is permanently activated with a valid key.

:)

Asad-Awan, Oct 27, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 27, 2021
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 27, 2021
  4. compsjp Win User

win 10 microsoft software license terms

So I updated my laptop to 10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586

now the Microsoft software license terms shows Code:
    Code:
    Your use of this software is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement by which you acquired this software.  If you are a volume license customer, use of this software is subject to your volume license agreement.  You may not use this software if you have not validly acquired a license for the software from Microsoft or its licensed distributors.EULAID:T1C_2R_1_ED_PS_V_en-us
    While my pc shows the full normal one, same version.

its activated.

fixed it with the win 10 pro 1511 iso as a upgrade, took hours of trying things. but to be honest here. it seems the 1511 update wasn't right as the full 1511 iso, so i just ran the 1511 over it as a update, and resolved it.

compsjp, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

1. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered - Similar Threads - upgrading software license

2. Trying to update Windows 10 but Reviewing Licensed Terms says Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update Windows 10 but Reviewing Licensed Terms says Error Encountered: I've been trying to update my windows 10 laptop but it just won't let me because, everytime I try to click "Review the license terms", it opens up and says "Error Encountered" and I cannot click the "agree and install". How can I fix this?...
  3. Trying to update Windows 10 but Reviewing Licensed Terms says Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update Windows 10 but Reviewing Licensed Terms says Error Encountered: I've been trying to update my windows 10 laptop but it just won't let me because, everytime I try to click "Review the license terms", it opens up and says "Error Encountered" and I cannot click the "agree and install". How can I fix this?...
  4. Trying to update Windows 10 but Reviewing Licensed Terms says Error Encountered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    software license terms error encountered: I had to reset my laptop and consequently had to reinstall Office Home and Student 2007 but when I click review the licence terms I get this message software license terms error encountered any ideas why or how I can fix it...
  6. software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    software license terms error encountered: I had to reset my laptop and consequently had to reinstall Office Home and Student 2007 but when I click review the licence terms I get this message software license terms error encountered any ideas why or how I can fix it...
  7. software license terms error encountered

8. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered: I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software license terms error encountered". How do I fix it? My windows 10 is permanently activated with a valid key....
  9. upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered

upgrading from windows 10 to 11 software license terms error encountered: I got the notification that my pc can run windows 11 and windows 11 is available. Whenever I click download and install it gives me an error: "software license terms error encountered". How do I fix it? My windows 10 is permanently activated with a valid key....
  10. win 10 microsoft software license terms

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 microsoft software license terms: So I updated my laptop to 10.0.10586 N/A Build 10586 now the Microsoft software license terms shows Code: Your use of this software is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement by which you acquired this software. If you are a volume license customer,...