Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I recently decided to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft Store and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dnova, Oct 14, 2021.

1. dnova Win User

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro

Hello everyone,I recently decided to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft Store and clicked install. During the 'Preparing for upgrade' screen it made it to about 96%-98% and then displayed:Windows upgrade failedError Code:0x80070490I've tried running Windows Update troubleshooter and Microsoft Store apps troubleshooter but neither seemed to work. Has anyone come across a similar issue or no of a fix? Another thing I should mention is that I just did a clean install of Windows 11 Home from Windows 10 Home. Windows 11 is activated with a

:)

dnova, Oct 14, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, Oct 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade within Parallels 11

i am currently running Parallels 11 with Windows 7 Pro on my Apple Mac 2010 27inch. when trying to upgrade the Windows Virtual Window to Windows 10 I get the error message that I do not have enough Ram. The Apple Mac has 8gb of Memory whereas the upgrade
    requires only 2gb.

I have no problems with running Parallels 11 with Windows 7 Pro but would like to complete the step and upgrade the Virtual window to Windows 10.

Any ideas please

John Rey43, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Failed: Hi, I've just bought and paid for a Windows 11 update from Home to Pro. I clicked on the install button in Microsoft store and within a few seconds a message said Install Failed and The Store locked up. I can't see any other way to re-try installing my upgrade can anyone...
  3. how to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro: how to ctivate windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-11-home-to-windows-11/215ce511-7673-4858-a0e0-c30b4f87fddc
  4. how to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro: how to ctivate windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-from-windows-11-home-to-windows-11/215ce511-7673-4858-a0e0-c30b4f87fddc
  5. Can't upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to windows 11 pro from windows 11 home: I currently have Windows 11 home and wish to upgrade to Windows 11 pro. I have the windows 11 pro activation key however it is not working. The message i am getting from the license key supplier is that I need to install windows 11 pro first. How can i install windows 11 pro...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: PAST WINDOWS PROBLEM:I have been using Microsoft Windows OS’s since 1995. In the past I once purchased a computer with Windows Home version Pro not offered. Then I upgraded it to Pro. Later, while loading a program the system asked me to insert the Windows Disc to extract a...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro: PAST WINDOWS PROBLEM:I have been using Microsoft Windows OS’s since 1995. In the past I once purchased a computer with Windows Home version Pro not offered. Then I upgraded it to Pro. Later, while loading a program the system asked me to insert the Windows Disc to extract a...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro

Upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Pro: Hi,I have the following problem.1. I bought a notebook with Windows 11 Home. Windows was activated with a personal Microsoft Account I wanted to activate it with my work account, not knowing it's not possible with thr Home edition. 2. After Windows was activated with a...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro

Upgrading from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 pro: Hello everyone,I recently decided to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. I purchased the upgrade through the Microsoft Store and clicked install. During the 'Preparing for upgrade' screen it made it to about 96%-98% and then displayed:Windows upgrade failedError...