Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 (32 bit) to Windows 10? How would I do this? The laptop I had was on Vista but a year ago I successfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NickFordham, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10

Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 (32 bit) to Windows 10? How would I do this? The laptop I had was on Vista but a year ago I successfully upgraded it to Windows 7 with a Software Geeks package. Any comments much appreciated.

:)

NickFordham, Jun 4, 2019
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Is there a simple step by step to upgrade windows 10 32 bit to 64? I just upgraded from Windows 7 and there was no prompt for 32 vs 64 bit.

<Original title: windows 10 32 to 64 bit>

is there a simple step by step to upgrade windows 10 32 bit to 64? I just upgraded from Windows 7 and there was no prompt for 32 vs 64 bit.

patrickregan521, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 (32 bit ) to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading bit

2. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  3. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...: My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code 0x000000f also saying the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. Can anyone help?...
  4. My windows 10 64 bit pc upgraded from win 7 will no longer boot up with the error code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit...: What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-if-i-cant-get-upgrade-my-pc-from-32/b58b19aa-5d54-4d7f-bd3e-8f1b6c2c8eeb
  6. What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit...

What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit...: What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-if-i-cant-get-upgrade-my-pc-from-32/b58b19aa-5d54-4d7f-bd3e-8f1b6c2c8eeb
  7. What do I do if I can't get upgrade my pc from 32 bit to 64 bit EVEN if it has a 64 bit...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to upgrade an old version of windows 7 32 bit to an a new version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade an old version of windows 7 32 bit to an a new version?: I nead some help with windows 7, how to upgrade my window to an a new version? how to download and install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-an-old-version-of-windows-7-32-bit/f27015da-aec3-4ded-b99f-ae2575b9ce1f
  9. How to upgrade an old version of windows 7 32 bit to an a new version?

How to upgrade an old version of windows 7 32 bit to an a new version?: I nead some help with windows 7, how to upgrade my window to an a new version? how to download and install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-an-old-version-of-windows-7-32-bit/f27015da-aec3-4ded-b99f-ae2575b9ce1f
  10. can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...: I have an Acer Aspire Z all in one its capabilites are 4 and a tarabyte. its has a 1.90 gh processor. it runs windows 8.1 can i jump immeidiately to windows 11....