Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Wx, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mark Wx Win User

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10 Flashdrive? (full Windows 10 Pro flashdrive purchased from Microsoft)

I appreciate I can install a clean Windows 10 Pro installation but I wanted to see if it could be upgraded maintaining the existing programs, settings, personal data etc...

Is there any documentation on the process?

thanks...

:)

Mark Wx, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Home Pro

2. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  3. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home: I cannot run the Media Creation Tool 21H2; getting the error 0x80072F8F - 0x20000. How do I get around this so that I can upgrade to Win10 and know that I haven't just wasted £120 please? Cheers....
  4. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

From Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hi. I bought Windows 10 Pro license. I followed instructions to Upgrade. In the list of options I do not see Win10 Pro, but I see Win10 Home. Should I 1st get Home and then upgrade to Pro? Will my new license work for Home, so I can upgrade later to Pro? How do I get the full...
  6. Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro

Upgraded from windows 7 Home, to Windows 10 Pro: Hey guys I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit Pro V. 1909. I logged onto my computer with windows 7 still activated, inserted the windows 10 disk as it prompted me, for upgrading. I did that, everything went smooth. Although when i went...
  7. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...
  8. upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro: i have brought windows 10 pro and downloaded it to a memory stick but my windows 7 is asking for a anytime upgrade key to upggrade how or where do i get one ....
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro: I'd like to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro. Which version of 10 Pro will upgrade, while leaving my existing programs & files intact? I need to do this before Windows 7 is phased out. I see Frys Electronics is selling an "OEM" version of 10 Pro. Will...
  10. Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home: Today I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Home to Window 10 Home and after the install am getting a spreview.exe error.. followed by spwixul.dll, sperror.dll, spwizui.dll, sprerror.dll Boxes that pop up. I have done the Disk Cleanup as suggested, and checking for...