Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/altontour, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could still get the free windows 10 upgrade, or if I would have to just buy a new one. Does anyone know if the free upgrade would work?

submitted by /u/altontour
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/altontour, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 13, 2020
  3. alexp999 Win User
    Leaked Information Points at Free OEM Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7

Tech ARP has managed to get a hold of a copy of a draft document, preliminarily named the Windows 7 Upgrade Program. It is said to have been distributed to Microsoft's OEM partners on 10th December giving them a month to provide feedback. Obviously nothing is set in stone yet, but Microsoft provided similar upgrade programs for Vista and XP. The extract follows:

Source: Tech ARP

alexp999, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading OEM

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  6. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11: Hello,I'm switching up some of my computers parts and I need to know if I upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 will it be a retail version of 11 so that I can transfer it to a new motherboard....
  7. Upgrading windows 10 OEM to 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  9. Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer

Transfer Win 11 Pro key after upgrading from Home OEM; and keep Home OEM on old computer: My old computer had Win 11 Home OEM. I upgraded it to Win 11 Pro.Is it possible to transfer the 11 Pro key from the old computer to a new computer. Then, keep running Home OEM on old computer?Thanks!...
  10. How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?

How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?: How to upgrade Windows 11 OEM home to a NON-OEM home or pro version?We have to move over a Windows 11 OEM home version to another motherboard PC, the first MoBo has defects and has to be exchanged.We understood that a NON OEM version can be transferred to another motherboard...