Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8900 Intel Core i7-6700 CPA @3.40 GHz 8.00 GB RAM 64 bit Op Sys Have done urgent Dell updates, including BIOS, Intel & Nvidia, ran Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SarahNurnberger, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

Dell XPS 8900

Intel Core i7-6700 CPA @3.40 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

64 bit Op Sys

Have done urgent Dell updates, including BIOS, Intel & Nvidia, ran Dell update & Windows update to last possible

Please advise.

Upgrade was purchased via MS site

:)

SarahNurnberger, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 8, 2020
  4. ycguy1947 Win User

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of

windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message:

This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10........

ycguy1947, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro Pro

2. upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from windows 7 pro: link for upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro/bd279620-c708-4071-b3bc-5da83496b438
  3. upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from windows 7 pro: link for upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro/bd279620-c708-4071-b3bc-5da83496b438
  4. upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I just completed a Win7 to Win10 "upgrade" on a Dell Vostro 1000 AMD Athlon 64 X2 1700. Amazingly I was able to install this OS to this laptop originally shipped in 2007 with Windows XP. Given that, I find it interesting, when I ran the Windows 10 64bit MCT installer, Windows...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

8. Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.

Upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro.: Have been given a Dell laptop that has Windows 7 pro. Updated it with my existing Office 365, then attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 pro. Seemed to have done this ok. However, on completion, I have a recurring problem. Every time I attempt to do something, laptop...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, we are using Windows 7 Pro for our company's operation in Afghanistan. Now we are planning to upgrade from 7 to 10. Is this possible to upgrade online in our region? Thank You. Rahimi...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I let Microsoft automatically upgrade several of my computers from 7 to 10 a couple of years ago with no issues at all. I am now trying to help a friend upgrade her Windows 7 Pro to 10 Pro, but I can't seem to find anyway to avoid the $199.00 upgrade fee. That seems...