Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro through my virtualization software. When I try to upgrade it gets all the way to the Product Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by enahssmith, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion

I'm trying to upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro through my virtualization software. When I try to upgrade it gets all the way to the Product Key but doesn't accept my product key. It hasn't restarted in 10, it's stuck in 7 and is forcing me to type in a product key. There is no option to activate over the internet. I don't know if it's because of the virtualization software, or my key, or both. I'm not a PC guy, I am only using windows to test in.

:)

enahssmith, Apr 8, 2020
  2. gibbsbj Win User

Windows 10 Pro Edition and VmWare Fusion

Team

I have just purchased Windows 10 pro to load under VMware Fusion 7, it requires an ISO file. I have downloaded the ISO file from your site, on install it doesn't except my product key, it suggests it's supports both standard and Pro versions of Windows
    10?

What do I do?

Waiting to install Windows on my iMac.

Thanks

Brian

gibbsbj, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Migrating Windows 10 to another machine with VMWare Fusion

Hello,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Which Operating System was installed previously on the Machine before you performed free upgrade?

• What exactly are you referring to when you say "I moved my VMware Fusion with Windows 10 to another temporary machine" while your previous operating system worked fine?

• Are you facing this issue with starting Windows 10 or with the activation?
    If you are using VMware application to install Windows 10 which is not getting installed correctly then you may have to contact VMware as they will be able to help you installing Windows 10 with the application

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion

Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion

Good day,

I currently use Windows 10 Pro (v 1803 ) as a virtual machine under VMWare Fusion (11.5.2). My question is, can I upgrade to Windows 10 (or even 11) with a note saying that my license has expired?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

George D. McCallion

George D. McCallion

124 Magnolia Court

Collegeville, PA 19426

Voice: 610.888.2436

Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgedmccallion

George D.McCallion, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion

1. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 through VMware Fusion - Similar Threads - Upgrading through VMware

2. Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?: I am a notary who currently uses a MacBook Air : macOS High Sierra, Version10.13.6. I also have "VMware Fusion" installed to be able to run Windows.QUESTION: Will I be creating "compatibility problems" if when prompted I make suggested software upgrades and Apple updates,...
  3. Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows compatibility with 3rd party software VMware Fusion?: I am a notary who currently uses a MacBook Air : macOS High Sierra, Version10.13.6. I also have "VMware Fusion" installed to be able to run Windows.QUESTION: Will I be creating "compatibility problems" if when prompted I make suggested software upgrades and Apple updates,...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion: Good day, I currently use Windows 10 Pro v 1803 as a virtual machine under VMWare Fusion 11.5.2. My question is, can I upgrade to Windows 10 or even 11 with a note saying that my license has expired? Thank you in advance. Sincerely, George D. McCallion...
  5. Unable to activiate Windows 10 after moving from VirtualBox to VMWare fusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activiate Windows 10 after moving from VirtualBox to VMWare fusion: I am in the process of moving all of my virtual machines from VirtualBox to VMWare fusion. After copying the disk and starting windows 10 in VMWare Fusion i see a notification that i need to activate windows. Here's what my activation settings screen looks like: [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...
  7. Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Activation within VMWare Fusion: I just moved from using bootcamp on my Mac to virtualizing Windows 10 within VMWare Fusion Pro 11 for my Mac. Windows 10 had the digital activation key in bootcamp but now I cannot get Windows to reactivate since I have reinstalled windows 10 in VMWare. I can see that some of...
  8. Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation

Upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10 OS through Automation: I'm working on Windows 7 OS and my client is asking us to upgrade to windows 10 OS as we are having 40 computers can some one suggest automation to upgrade the OS. My computers are on Amazon web services....
  9. windows 10 on VMware Fusion

windows 10 on VMware Fusion: I got a error code 0xc1900208 I can not install windows10 on my iMac with VMware Fusion. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-on-vmware-fusion/52228087-408b-4e14-ac5b-109c56cce8e7
  10. Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware Player 7-11 cannot install on Windows 10 after upgrade from 7: Hi guys, I have just upgraded my Windows 7 Unlimited OS to Windows 10 and when tried to install Vmware Player 7 to 11 versions, it gave me one same error as you can see below: [img] What might be the reason for this? I never came across in such situation...