Windows 10: Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...

Discus and support Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent several days on this now and read around all the solutions. I have got closer but now am stuck on installation section. When it says 'your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joyjoy-A, Oct 5, 2022.

1. joyjoy-A Win User

Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...

I have spent several days on this now and read around all the solutions. I have got closer but now am stuck on installation section. When it says 'your pc will repeatedly restart' it doesnt and then fails at 73% installation. Any help out there?

:)

joyjoy-A, Oct 5, 2022
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 5, 2022
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 5, 2022
  4. r.h.p Win User

Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Installation repeatedly

2. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...: I have spent several days on this now and read around all the solutions. I have got closer but now am stuck on installation section. When it says 'your pc will repeatedly restart' it doesnt and then fails at 73% installation. Any help out there?...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10. Installation repeatedly fails. Completed all current...: I have spent several days on this now and read around all the solutions. I have got closer but now am stuck on installation section. When it says 'your pc will repeatedly restart' it doesnt and then fails at 73% installation. Any help out there?...
  4. Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise: Unable to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-failed-from-window-8-to-window-10-please/2b40e48d-c99a-42c1-bf50-c9fe5bd24f12
  5. Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Failed from Window 8 to WIndow 10. Please advise: Unable to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10Please assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-failed-from-window-8-to-window-10-please/2b40e48d-c99a-42c1-bf50-c9fe5bd24f12
  6. upgrade from windows 10 1809 to 1909 fails repeatedly

upgrade from windows 10 1809 to 1909 fails repeatedly: Hi, I have tried to update multiple times with no success on my MSI laptop. I do not receive an error code. Sometimes I just get a message that the update failed, other times my machine stays on the MSI logo and does not finish booting up after the final restart....
  7. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  8. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10, fails installation: Hello i have a laptop with windows 8 and want to upgrade to windows 10 by the media creation tool after going though the steps of downloading and installing the upgrade with keeping personal files and apps when it says restarting it dose not restart and the blue windows 10...
  9. Upgrading from 1511 Failing Repeatedly

Upgrading from 1511 Failing Repeatedly: I've got a PC stuck on 1511 and repeatedly failing to upgrade. I have other, part-for-part identical PCs on 1803 so I don't think there's any hardware compatibility issue. At this point I'm trying to update to 1803 using the Upgrade Assistant. This is the error that I'm...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails

Upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 fails: Hi! I've successfully updated to Windows 10 on my two Surfaces, but there is some kind of issue on my desktop PC. The upgrade process from Windows 8 fails at about 71% total (Installing features and drivers at 91%), and the error I get is: C1900101-40017 Windows...