Windows 10: upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed

Discus and support upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop which had windows s already preloaded. I also bought Windows 10 home edition not from the Microsoft store as it was more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JennyFlower1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed

I just bought a new laptop which had windows s already preloaded. I also bought Windows 10 home edition not from the Microsoft store as it was more expensive. When I try to switch out of s mode, it keeps wanting me to buy it from the store, even though the computer also says I have now downloaded the upgraded version. How do I get out of s mode??? I am trying to download some programs but it keeps sending me back to the store saying I am in s mode and it is not recognising the apps. This is so frustrating. I have tried googling how to fix this, but I cannot find an answer that I either understand, or that actually fixes the situation. Please help!

:)

JennyFlower1, Mar 29, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Mar 29, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Gowrish_S Win User

upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed

Adobe Digital Edition

Hi GiseleFori,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Do you get any error message when you try to download the Adobe Digital Edition?
    2. Which version of Adobe Digital edition are you trying to download?

As per Adobe support, it is compatible with Windows 7. You can try installing it in compatibility mode.

For installing it in compatibility mode, you may follow this step:

• Right click on setup file and click on Properties.
    • Under compatibility tab, check the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select Windows 7.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

You may download the
    Adobe Digital Edition 4.5.9 version
    and check if it is works.

You may refer the steps mentioned in this article named
    Install Adobe Digital Editions on Windows 7, Vista, XP
    to install this application.

Please refer the solution provided in this article named
    Installation issues for Adobe Digital Editions 4.0
    and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed

1. upgrading/getting out of s mode when I have home edition installed - Similar Threads - upgrading getting mode

2. Can't get out of S Mode. The only option I get is to upgrade to Pro, but on S Mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get out of S Mode. The only option I get is to upgrade to Pro, but on S Mode.: HiI desperately need help. I bought a Lenovo for online school. To take a test I need to download a program that is not in the Microsoft Store. I tried to switch out of S mode, but the only option I get is to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro in S Mode. I have never cried so much...
  3. How to get out of S mode in W10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get out of S mode in W10 Home: While personalizing EDGE browser, I was switched back from normal W10 Home to Home S mode. (no clue how it happened) Now I cannot switch out. Microsoft team support unable to help. 170578
  4. I have W10 S mode upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have W10 S mode upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install: I have W10 S upgraded to Home edition, but cumulative updates will not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-w10-s-mode-upgraded-to-home-edition-but/9b7d8846-1eca-421f-a6a2-360621dbb167
  5. Getting out of S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Getting out of S mode: I need some help. I've been trying to get out of S mode with no luck. I've tried reinstalling the Store and making sure my laptop is up to date. My Microsoft account shows that I'm the administrator, and I bought the laptop online. I've been trying to figure it out for...
  6. Getting out of s mode...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting out of s mode...: Hello! I am currently trying to get out of s mode to download some apps outside of the Microsoft store. I go to Microsoft store and search "Switch Out" and it leads me to a "Switch out of s mode" banner type thing. I click "learn more" and it leads me to an error that says...
  7. Upgrade S mode to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade S mode to Home: Trying to get out of S mode. Purchased Windows 10 Home, but did something wrong and it didn't install. Now I cannot figure out how to install it. Would someone explain what I need to do, please. ...frustrated...
  8. Getting out of S mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting out of S mode?: Just trying to inquire if it is possible to get out of S-Mode without having to input a 'Microsoft' email. When dealing with many devices that are rotated in and out of the company, I shouldn't have to use my personal email because our business does not use outlook emails to...
  9. Getting out of S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting out of S mode: Okay so it's been a few days and the issue still remains. I have tried going through "Activation and settings" and I have tried going through the task manager thing and restarting the thing. I have also tried to reset the whole damn computer and it wouldn't even let me do...
  10. Getting out of S mode.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting out of S mode.: So i have tried just about every thing, ive tried going through the activation settings and i have tried resetting the wuaserv thing or whatever and it tells me the same thing every time “try again later; something happened on our end” and im so sick of it. Its been three...