Windows 10: Upgrading hard Drives

Discus and support Upgrading hard Drives in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is a custom built PC I want to buy a new system board & add a bigger SSD to my system an load my OS from it instead of the HDD. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Zorlon87, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Zorlon87 Win User

Upgrading hard Drives

This is a custom built PC

I want to buy a new system board & add a bigger SSD to my system an load my OS from it instead of the HDD.

I have a digital licensefree upgrade in 2016

How does one go about this process?

Am I able to reinstall my OS to a new drive and keep my license?

Will the hard ware changes deactivate me?

:)

Zorlon87, Feb 29, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 29, 2020
  3. little cat, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Upgrading hard Drives

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading hard Drives

1. Upgrading hard Drives - Similar Threads - Upgrading hard Drives

2. Windows 11 upgrade and hard drive changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 upgrade and hard drive changing: I have windows 10 running on my system on HDD. Upgradation to Windows 11 is available but I want to change my drive to SSD using the same license key. Should I upgrade first then change hardware drive or vice versa?...
  3. Windows 11 upgrade and hard drive changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade and hard drive changing: I have windows 10 running on my system on HDD. Upgradation to Windows 11 is available but I want to change my drive to SSD using the same license key. Should I upgrade first then change hardware drive or vice versa?...
  4. I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.

I'm going to upgrade the hard drive.: I'm going to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD and reinstall Windows 10. I have the original product key. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-going-to-upgrade-the-hard-drive/a96a20a9-3020-480b-8933-8cd0fc278b62
  5. In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?

In-place upgrade on secondary hard drive?: I have a two SSDs in my computer with windows 10 installs on them, lets call them A and B. Something is wrong with startup files on B and no matter what i try, i cant boot into it. I can boot into A however, and can access B once inside of A and access all of B’s files. I...
  6. Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded hard drive for Windows 10: Hello, I replaced an old HDD drive with SSD drive. I had a Windows 7 home edition on old hard disk. Now I am trying to re-use the same product key on Windows 10 installed fresh on new SSD. It is not allowing me to enter. Because it has different format and number of...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Laptop 3 : Hard Drive Upgrade: TLDR: any surface 3 hard drive solutions if too tiny. Has anyone tried an external on the surface 3? LAPTOP, not the tablet. because I have some complaints about the size of the hard drive as it's not the default TB that you'll find to be most common on systems nowadays....
  8. Will upgrading Windows format hard drive?

Will upgrading Windows format hard drive?: Hi, I am currently having Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 installed on my laptop. I want to upgrade it using the ISO file downloaded from Microsoft's official website. So, my question is, will upgrading windows clear my hard drive all partitions: c,d&e? Thanks, Regards,...
  9. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive

Upgrading to Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive: A friend of mine currently has Windows 7 installed and wants to get a new hard drive and then upgrade to Windows 10. Whats the current way to do this? 59709