Windows 10: upgrading harddrive

Discus and support upgrading harddrive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In my Lenovo Desktop Pc, I want to put a sshd 2TB 2.5" drive in place of the 2.5" 500GB harddrive. In whitch I broke the pins that go to the data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EricSmith_479, Jan 5, 2019.

1. upgrading harddrive

In my Lenovo Desktop Pc, I want to put a sshd 2TB 2.5" drive in place of the 2.5" 500GB harddrive. In whitch I broke the pins that go to the data cable. That happen at least two years ago. It had had Windows 10 Pro activated on it. However, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM disk from amazon. Want to Know will I run into any problems with new disk, or me autually trying to put drive in and getting the old activation of Windows 10 Pro. Can I do this one way or another? Computer is still listed in my devices on my Microsoft account.

:)

EricSmith_479, Jan 5, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jan 5, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jan 5, 2019
  4. upgrading harddrive

Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

upgrading harddrive [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

upgrading harddrive

1. upgrading harddrive - Similar Threads - upgrading harddrive

2. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  3. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  4. my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my harddrive crashed and I had to restore disk which was win 8.1 and I had upgraded when...: I need to reinstall win 10 and also Office 365 on my systen look at office file in my account for PC is listed as DONPC . Need help in reloading my system. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Reinstalling Windows after I upgraded my Mainboard and Harddrive

Reinstalling Windows after I upgraded my Mainboard and Harddrive: Hello, My question is the following. I want to upgrade the Harddrive, Mainboard, RAM and CPU on my Desktop computer. Now i realized that i probably have to reinstall Windows 10 and activate it. The reason i upgrade my computer is, because its really old and had Windows...
  6. upgraded to a new harddrive. now had MEMORY_MANAGMENT BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgraded to a new harddrive. now had MEMORY_MANAGMENT BSOD: Hi y'all. Just had a crash with new OS/hardrive. Wondering if someone smarter than me with all this could give some insight. Cheers. W7F grab all attached.
  7. cloned harddrives duplicated windows and issues upgrading to pro

cloned harddrives duplicated windows and issues upgrading to pro: So a while back I got a new ssd and used samsungs disc cloner to move my hdd onto it. Now I have two Windows directories and it starts to be weird, I try to boot from the new D: drive and it works and all is good until I want to update to Windows 10 pro. When I try to do...
  8. Re-install Win10 on a free upgrade from Win7 computer with crashed Harddrive

Re-install Win10 on a free upgrade from Win7 computer with crashed Harddrive: My hard drive crashed, and I need to reinstall Windows on a new hard drive. I've got a Win7 license and used the free upgrade to Win10. Is it possible to reinstall? I'm uncertain about the process: Should I download Win7 with another computer? if so, where? ..and then put...
  9. Upgraded to windows 10 from 8. Now i need to install windows on upgraded harddrive with...

Upgraded to windows 10 from 8. Now i need to install windows on upgraded harddrive with...: So i'm running windows on a 256gb ssd and i, sadly, did not create different partitions, preventing me from combining non system partition of the drive to another drive. And now its full. so I purchased a new 1tb M.2 drive that i would like to make my new drive. I hear that...
  10. Upgrading to windows 10 - installing it on new harddrive

Upgrading to windows 10 - installing it on new harddrive: Hello! I currently use windows 7 and I got it installed on a 64gb SSD drive, but the space is a problem as the drive keeps filling up. I bought a SSD which got 250 GB, and I want to take advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade, however, I want to install in on my new...