Windows 10: Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM

Discus and support Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to do a major hardware upgrade, cloning drive C: to an SSD, new MB, retaining 2 other physical HD. Before I jump into the deep end, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BB_4400, Mar 22, 2020.

1. BB_4400 Win User

Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM

I would like to do a major hardware upgrade, cloning drive C: to an SSD, new MB, retaining 2 other physical HD. Before I jump into the deep end, what should I be aware of I am assuming that there will probably be problems due to the major changes. I have previously done small changes with significant issues. Thanks for any info. BB without significant issues, I meant to say

:)

BB_4400, Mar 22, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Mar 22, 2020
  3. is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM

Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM

1. Upgrading hardware with current version of WIN 10 thru a series of upgrades from XP - not OEM - Similar Threads - Upgrading hardware current

2. Upgrade from XP to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from XP to Windows 10: I have an HP Media Center PC m7680n running XP. After an IE8 upgrade I lost internet connectivity and cannot recover. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and ordered a USB. When I try to run the setup.exe from USB I get "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" Whether I...
  3. Upgrade from XP to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from XP to Windows 10: I have an HP Media Center PC m7680n running XP. After an IE8 upgrade I lost internet connectivity and cannot recover. I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 and ordered a USB. When I try to run the setup.exe from USB I get "setup.exe is not a valid win32 application" Whether I...
  4. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?: I have four computers running Windows 7 that have to be upgraded to Windows 10. I have purchased the Win 10 System Builder OEM packages and downloaded version 1903 from MS. My question is am I able to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 with this version and keep all of my apps...
  5. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...
  6. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  7. Upgrading from version 1607 to the most current

Upgrading from version 1607 to the most current: Question 1. Can I upgrade my laptop directly from windows 10 ver 1607 to 1803? Question 2. What is the name of the file and can you please provide the location or the file itself? I have searched the download site but not sure what file to use. Thanks Sylvia...
  8. Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??: I put this question to Microsoft this week by email: Good morning This complaint pertains to the upgrade options from a full retail version of Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. According to the EULA: “4. Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you...
  9. About to upgrade XP to Win 10

About to upgrade XP to Win 10: I am brand new to this forum, but impressed with the help available. I have purchased a 64 bit version of Win 10 Pro, and want to replace XP on my PC. To test out system / program compatibility before upgrading I installed Win 10, and activated it, on a removable HDD, and...
  10. Upgrade from Windows XP

Upgrade from Windows XP: I downloaded the iso image for the 32bit version and burned into a DVD. When I boot from the DVD I get the nice Windows 10 blue screen that lasts for 2 minutes or so and then the screen goes away and the computer tries to reboot again. Tried several times with the same...