Windows 10: Upgrading Hardware

Discus and support Upgrading Hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop has a Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) motherboard, with a Intel(R) Pentium(R) G3258 @ 3.20GHz processor and 8 Gigs of ram. I want to up the computing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Soapm, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

Upgrading Hardware

My desktop has a Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) motherboard, with a Intel(R) Pentium(R) G3258 @ 3.20GHz processor and 8 Gigs of ram. I want to up the computing power beyond two cores. I know the socket is LGA 1150 but what I don't know is the fastest processor the board itself can handle.

I want more than two cores, so considering bang for the buck, what processor would you choose?

:)

Soapm, Mar 31, 2019

2. Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 31, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Upgrading Hardware

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading Hardware

1. Upgrading Hardware - Similar Threads - Upgrading Hardware

2. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  3. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...: Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎06-‎2020 OS build 19045.4291 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0 Hi, above info is of my current windows os on my pc. I'm changing my motherboard and cpu soon. My current cpu does not support...
  4. After major hardware change do i need to install windows 10 first then free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11: I have a full retail copy of Win 10 on a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, but my hardware fails the compatibility check due to a 7th gen Intel CPU, despite the fact that it runs at 4.5 GHz. I am looking to buy a new motherboard and CPU and will install my...
  6. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11: I have a full retail copy of Win 10 on a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, but my hardware fails the compatibility check due to a 7th gen Intel CPU, despite the fact that it runs at 4.5 GHz. I am looking to buy a new motherboard and CPU and will install my...
  7. Upgrading Hardware so that I can upgrade to Win 11

8. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  9. hardware upgrade - windows activation not working

hardware upgrade - windows activation not working: I did post this previously but accidentally using the wrong Microsoft account, but I've added more info based on answers thereI've recently done a hardware upgrade and now it can't activate my previous Windows account. When I've followed the Troubleshoot guide it can't find...
  10. Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?

Do I need to re-buy a digital Windows 10 license if I upgraded my PC Hardware?: Hi Folks,Apologies if this has been posted before I definitely think it will have.... I can't figure out how to navigate these forums at all. Little background, many years ago I purchased a physical copy of Windows 7. I was then eligible for the upgrade to Windows 10. PC has...