Windows 10: Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility

Discus and support Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an XPS 8700 with an i7-4770 and an oem mobo. Got a core i7-9700k and an Asus TUF M-ATX mobo coming. Wondering if I should be able to just swap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wattywatty13, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility

I have an XPS 8700 with an i7-4770 and an oem mobo. Got a core i7-9700k and an Asus TUF M-ATX mobo coming. Wondering if I should be able to just swap parts and run off my boot SSD or if I'll have to do something before the swap and if so what. Licenses aren't an issue as I've got VLSC through my business. Fresh install is possible but definitely a last resort.

Current Build Dell XPS 8700 1tb Samsung 870 EVO SATA SSD 32GB DDR3 Ram Core i7-4770 Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

After Upgrading Dell XPS 8700 1tb Samsung 870 EVO SATA SSD 32GB DDR4 2666mhz Ram Core i7-9700K Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

submitted by /u/wattywatty13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wattywatty13, Nov 30, 2020

2. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver not compatible with Windows 10

Hi Jae,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

Some programs and/or drivers might not work as expected in Windows 10 as some manufacturers are still in the process of manufacturing the new definitions of the drivers.

In this case, you can download an older version of the driver and install it in compatibility mode with a compatible version of Windows.

For example, you can download Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator version compatible to Windows 7 and install in compatibility mode in Windows 10. Refer to the following steps:

Step 1: Download and save the driver on the desktop from the following link.

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7(exe)

Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Check with the issue. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

the message appears again on restart after uninstall

SubhashKedia, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility

1. Upgrading Intel to Intel OS Compatibility - Similar Threads - Upgrading Intel Intel

2. Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop: I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop which came with pre-installed Windows 7. However recently the OS got corrupted and I had no other choice than to reinstall it. I misplaced the CD though I have my activation key but couldn't get the Windows 7 download and hence has resorted...
  3. Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compatible OS for Intel i5 3rd generation laptop: I own a Dell Inspiron 5520 laptop which came with pre-installed Windows 7. However recently the OS got corrupted and I had no other choice than to reinstall it. I misplaced the CD though I have my activation key but couldn't get the Windows 7 download and hence has resorted...
  4. Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?: Why is i5 7200U not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11? Is there any work around? Purchasing a new laptop is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-core-i5-7200u-not-compatible/de11e26a-b54f-43f6-9c51-a45dea256634
  5. Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?

Intel Core i5 7200U Not Compatible?: Why is i5 7200U not compatible to upgrade to Windows 11? Is there any work around? Purchasing a new laptop is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-core-i5-7200u-not-compatible/de11e26a-b54f-43f6-9c51-a45dea256634
  6. Why Intel 7700HQ is not compatible with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Intel 7700HQ is not compatible with Windows 11?: My laptop is 2.5 years old, How microsoft can have such a decision?As a computer science student, I can't allow myself not to have the latest technology..I'm so furious guys, please I need an explanation....
  7. Why Intel 7700HQ is not compatible with Windows 11?

Why Intel 7700HQ is not compatible with Windows 11?: My laptop is 2.5 years old, How microsoft can have such a decision?As a computer science student, I can't allow myself not to have the latest technology..I'm so furious guys, please I need an explanation....
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?: Windows PC Health Check App reports that I cant get Windows 11 upgrade coz of incompatible Processor. But it itself detects my processor correctly, being, Intel Core I5 - 6200U. This processor is very much compatible as per the Hardware Requirements displayed by Microsoft....
  9. Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?

Windows 11 Upgrade "Intel Core I5-6200U" not compatible..!?: Windows PC Health Check App reports that I cant get Windows 11 upgrade coz of incompatible Processor. But it itself detects my processor correctly, being, Intel Core I5 - 6200U. This processor is very much compatible as per the Hardware Requirements displayed by Microsoft....
  10. Intel Centeino Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel Centeino Upgrade: My Uncle dont want to let go his Laptop. He has a Intel Centrino in it. Can this Handle windows 10 if I upgrade it to ssd? submitted by /u/CansiSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m0b7rx/intel_centeino_upgrade/