Windows 10: upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro

Discus and support upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to upgrade a new laptop with pre installed Win10 Home to win10 Pro. I have a new physical copy of Win10 Pro with key that I scratched to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EcoPark, Feb 26, 2020.

1. EcoPark Win User

upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro

Hi I'm trying to upgrade a new laptop with pre installed Win10 Home to win10 Pro.

I have a new physical copy of Win10 Pro with key that I scratched to get the key.

I navigated to activation and change product key, entered the key into field and got error message. the product key you entered didn't work0xc004f050

please help.

:)

EcoPark, Feb 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro upgrade

Hi Team,

I had bought a Windows 8 pre installed Acer Laptop last year, and that got updated to windows 10 pro couple of months back, due to keyboard issue with the laptop i stopped using and bought a New HP Laptop which comes with a Windows 10 Home pre installed.

Now, how can i swap the license of windows 10 pro (which got upgraded with my old Laptop) to the new laptop which presently has Windows 10 home.

Kindly help the step by step procedure.

pkarthik24, Feb 26, 2020
  4. xkm1948 Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Just finished a clean install of 10 Pro. Thanks to R-T-B. First did a fresh install of Vanilla Win7(My old 7 always stuck using the upgrade). Then I used the disk to upgrade it to Win10 Pro. After it is activated, I sanitized the SSD and did a fresh install using the disk again. Once it connected to internet Win10 reactivated without any problem. Clean install is definitely good.

xkm1948, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. upgrading laptop from pre installed windows 10 home to win10 pro - Similar Threads - upgrading laptop pre

2. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  3. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  4. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  6. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home

Clean Install Windows 10 Pro on a Laptop with Pre-installed Windows 10 Home: Would like to confirm if can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro OEM on a laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home? Is there any issue on this ? Laptop has windows 10 home pre-installed I purchased a windows 10 pro OEM license -As per sales I can't upgrade windows 10...
  8. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro: Hey guys, I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times quite necessary. However, I cannot find the price for the upgrade. I follow the articles online: Settings -> Updates and...
  9. Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home

Laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home: Hello I bought laptop with pre-installed windows 10 Home. How can I make bootable USB stick to legaly reinstall system if something will be broken in my laptop? Thank you for answer....
  10. Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key: Hello - I have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. I already have a key bought from elsewhere but the system does not take the key when I enter it as it is the key for a pro version. I would thus like to be able to install the Pro...