Windows 10: upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

Discus and support upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration. After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Patmurphy70, Feb 24, 2020.

1. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

I have tried twice to uprade Lenovo thinkpad from win 7 to windows 10 but it fails migration.

After purchasing windows 10 from Microsoft store I have downloaded windows 10 to a USB device just in case.

the laptop has Norton active. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it off?

:)

Patmurphy70, Feb 24, 2020

2. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix.

RichardRodgers5, Feb 24, 2020
  3. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

Officially the Free Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ended July 31, 2016. However there are many Computer Tech Sites on the web that tell you how to still get it for free. As this forum is monitored & supported by Microsoft I will not mention those sites.
    Google or Bing search is your friend. You might also try updating your Drivers.

hawkeyes46, Feb 24, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails

1. upgrading laptop from win 7 to win 10 migration fails - Similar Threads - upgrading laptop migration

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade fails: I purchased the update from microsoft to upgrade my OS to win 10. After downloading the $139.00 software I trid to load it. It fails every time. I also ran process to clean windows update cache files and t tried again, and it still fails. How can I exchange the...
  4. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  7. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  8. upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts)

upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 Fails (5 attempts): Hi, I am wanting to upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. However the installation has crashed out 5 times and reverted to my Win 7 first i got the 0xC1900101-0x30018 error during SYSPREP - I seem to have resolved this by bringing all my drivers (including hidden...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.

Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 fails.: It is Windows Home Premium 32 bit. The HDD has 285 GB free. I'm trying to upgrade online with the Media Creator. It gets all the way through and installs Win 10, then reboots and starts "Working on Updates" At 7% it reboots and goes back to Win 7. 111708
  10. Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error

Upgrade from Win 7 to 10 fails with no error: Hi guys I have been trying to upgrade 7pro for a day or so with no luck. First of all I tried the 'get windows 10 app' this tells me a update (KB2952664) is not installed. It was showing as failed in my update long but has since installed ok. However the app still says its...